5 Brown Rice Recipes For Healthy Eating
Healthy eating has an overwhelmingly positive impact on your fitness and health. It involves incorporating healthier alternatives to your day to day food items, though various changes can be made to improve your diet, a quick and easy one is to start using brown rice instead of white.
Brown rice is healthier than other kinds, it has more fiber and antioxidants, and a higher count of minerals and vitamins. However, most people don’t even try brown rice, because they think that it doesn’t taste as good as white rice.
Brown rice has a nutty flavor and a chewier texture, and if you prepare them in the right way, they can be as delicious as white rice, if not more.
So, to get you started, here are five of my favorite brown rice recipes that everyone should try.
Healthy vegetable fried brown rice:
If you are in the mood for some healthy fried rice, then this vegetarian recipe is perfect for you. You can use any mixed vegetables you like; however, I usually use carrots, peas, onions, cabbage, and bell peppers. Here are the ingredients and directions to make this excellent recipe.
- Coconut oil (1 tsp)
- Two lightly whisked eggs
- Frozen mixed vegetables (1 cup)
- Brown rice (2 cups)
- Low sodium soy sauce (1/4 cup)
- Start by boiling the rice and letting it simmer for about 10 minutes. We don’t want to completely cook the rice, because it is going to be fried again.
- In the meantime, heat the oil in the large wok or pan.
- Add the frozen vegetables of your choice and cook them for two minutes. Add the brown rice, along with the soy sauce into the wok. Stir for about five minutes until everything is combined.
- In the center of your rice, the male a well and pour the lightly whisked eggs. Let them cook for a minute and then break them up. Stir the egg pieces into the fried rice.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve with sriracha or any other sauce of your liking
Cannabis-infused sweet brown rice with mangoes:
Cannabis is a wonder drug for many people, apart from being used for recreation, cannabis can also help in the treatment of various disorders like stress and anxiety, and it can improve your overall health by boosting your immune system and metabolism.
However, smoking cannabis can still pose some level of health risks because of the carcinogens in the smoke; therefore, try some edible cannabis recipes. Here is one with brown rice that you should try.
- Brown rice (1 cup)
- Brown sugar (4-5 tbsp)
- Salt (1/2 tsp)
- Coconut milk (1 1/2 cups)
- 70 percent THC concentrate (3 grams)
- Mangos (2)
- Soak the rice in some water for 30 minutes before starting the recipe.
- Add the rice, along with half a cup of water and coconut milk into a pot. Add in the salt and a tablespoon of brown sugar and boil the rice over medium-high heat for about 10-15 minutes, with a partially covered lid.
- After the coconut milk is absorbed, turn the heat off, but let the pot sit on the stove for an additional 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, make a sweet sauce for the rice, heat one cup of coconut milk in a saucepan, and add the rest of the brown sugar. Mix until the sugar is dissolved completely
- Add in the marijuana concentrate, mix it thoroughly, cover the saucepan, and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Peel the mangoes cut them into bite-sized pieces and serve with the sweet rice and coconut milk sauce.
Kung pao chicken with brown rice:
This is a healthier version of kung pao chicken, which pairs perfectly with some boiled brown rice.
- Low-sodium soy sauce (5 tsp)
- Toasted sesame oil (2 tsp)
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 pound, cut into cubes)
- Rice vinegar (2 tbsp)
- Sugar (1 tbsp)
- Cornstarch (1 tsp)
- Canola oil (4 tsp)
- Dried red chile peppers (4, broken into small pieces)
- Green onions (4, cut into small pieces)
- Bok Choy cabbage (2 cups)
- Grated ginger root (2 tsp)
- Dry-roasted peanuts (1/4 cup)
- cooked brown rice (1 1/2 cups)
- In a bowl, stir 2 tsp of soy sauce with the sesame oil. Add the chicken pieces to the bowl to marinate them for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- In the meantime, mix the rice vinegar, cornstarch, sugar, and remaining soy sauce with some water in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Take a large skillet and add the canola oil to it. Stir fry the chicken for about 5 minutes and remove from the skillet. Add your vegetables and a little extra canola oil and fry them for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet along with the soy sauce mixture and finish cooking.
- Boil some brown rice separately and serve the kung pao chicken with them. Sprinkle some roasted peanuts on top for garnishing.
Easy Korean ground beef and brown rice bowl:
Korean beef bowls are easy to make, and they are also quite healthy if you use lean ground beef. They can give you a healthy dose of proteins and fiber, which makes for a super nutritious and delicious meal. Check out the details for this recipe below.
- Lean ground beef (1 pound)
- Garlic (5 cloves, crushed)
- Grated ginger (1 tbsp)
- Sesame oil (2 tbsp)
- Low sodium soy sauce (1/2 cup)
- Light brown sugar (1/3 cup)
- Crushed red peppers (1/4 tsp)
- Cooked brown rice (4 cups)
- Sesame seeds (1 tbsp)
- Heat some oil in a large skillet and cook the ground beef until it is browned.
- Add the sesame oil, garlic, and ginger to the beef and stir for a couple of minutes until it becomes fragrant.
- Add the soy sauce, red pepper, and brown sugar to the skillet and cook for about 7-8 minutes until the beef absorbs the sauce.
- Add the chopped green onions to the ground beef and serve with a bowl of pre-cooked brown rice.
Onion and corn, brown rice pilaf:
This is another excellent and speedy recipe that you can make using brown rice. Check out the details below.
- Olive oil (1 tbsp)
- Fresh corn (1/2 cup)
- Chopped onions (1/2 cup)
- Brown rice (1/2 cup)
- Chicken broth (1 1/4 cups)
- Take a saucepan and heat the olive oil. Add the onions and corn, and cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the rice and mix with the onions and corn mixture:
- Pour the chicken stock to the saucepan and bring it to a boil. Cover the saucepan and let the rice cook in the stock for about 45 minutes on a low simmer.
- Serve with a garnish of chopped green onions.
Samantha is an expert when it comes to providing remedies for physical and mental well-being. However, she is fond of writing regardless of what she writes about. She believes that she can influence people and their lives with her opinion and knowledge. To read her write-ups, visit https://cannabismo.org/.