Beef and Vegetable Fried Rice
This recipe is going to feature at my Christmas lunch. It’s full of vegetable goodness. What I intend to do is boil up a lot of rice, chop all my veggies (my beef is already chopped and is currently marinating). I’ll cover my veggies with cling film, then as guests show up, I’ll continue with the recipe.
To explain further, if one guest shows up, I make enough of the recipe to serve one. If two more show up a little while later, I just scoop up a little more cooked rice, and my vegetables, and stir fry.
This will help me prevent wastage (I can use left over veggies for other things, and can freeze left over white rice), and having to reheat the rice (vegetables tend to get mushier with each reheating), and it’s literally 10 minutes to serve.
This serves 2
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked rice
- 300g of thinly sliced beef
- 1 cup of sweet corn (rinsed and drained)
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 4 atarodo (habanero), sliced
- 100g of green beans, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced into strips
- Small bunch of spring onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 stock cube
- Pinch of salt (or more, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon of worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon of ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Marinate the beef with stock cube and corn starch for 20 minutes.
- Place wok over high heat. Add oil and garlic. Sauteé for 1 minute.
- Add the beef, stirring constantly till cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Add all the peppers, carrots and green beans. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add rice, paprika, soy sauce, spring onions, corn, and salt. Stir to combine, and taste. Add a little more salt, if you like.
- Serve, and enjoy!
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Carbs: 78.2g (11.2g of sugar)