Finding The Best Automatic Espresso Machine: Everything You Need To Know
Who doesn’t love coffee? Is there anything better than a nice, hot espresso to start your day? Then an espresso machine is a perfect thing for you. Of course, there are many options and a plethora of variety and choice. Read this article and you’ll learn all you need to know about getting your brand new best automatic espresso machine.
The Basics And Types Of Machines
So you want to buy an espresso machine? And not only any old machine but the best espresso machine possible. So, how to decide, how to choose one, without ending up with espresso tasting like coffee flavored water. You also don’t want one that will fall apart in two weeks (or even worse, immediately while making some espresso).
Perhaps we should back up a little, and explain what espresso is (and for the love of God, it’s espresso, not expresso!). Having a much purer and stronger taste when compared to regular coffee, espresso has these traits because of the way it’s made.
You make it by forcing boiling water through the ground (finely ground!) coffee. This also makes it have a much higher concentration of caffeine.
So, Let’s Get Back To Making The Best Espresso Coffee Makers.
There are several types: Manual, Semi-auto, Fully-auto and Super Automatic. This guide will just describe the Fully-Auto, or simply, the automatic type. This type has a pump, automated and already set water volumes that you choose just touching a button, as well as temperature control for the boiler (automated, of course).
How To Choose The Best Automatic Espresso Machine
Ok, so, how do I choose? Well, let’s first see what do you actually want and need? Are you one of those people who needs one cup of coffee in the morning and he’s good to go? Or you can’t function without having one cup every hour, on the hour and a lack of caffeine sound like, at best, a bad joke, and, at worst, a Lovecraftian horror story?
Time Is Money
If you need a lot of coffee during the day (or, heck, if you need one for your bar) you need to have a type that can be hooked up to your water system (instead of manually putting water every two minutes). This leads nicely to our next point - how much at a time?
Some espresso machines can make only one cup at a time, due to low storage capacity and lack of pipes. Some can produce much more. You should also take into account the electricity costs and the power drain of these machines. You’d be surprised how much juice some of these can suck up.
Are You A Newbie Or A Veteran Barista?
The next thing to talk about is the boiler. A good quality boiler can make it both boil and steam at the same time. This can give you lots of room to practice and experiment, both for newbies, and veteran baristas.
Most are a single boiler, but dual use- this means that you can steam milk, and boil water, for the coffee, but not both. Others can do both at the same time, by either having two boilers or a heat exchange unit.
Can You Replace The Parts? If Not, You’re In Trouble
Another thing you should watch out for are the parts themselves. Or, rather, how easy they are to be replaced and exchanged. The last thing you need is getting a high-end machine and find out that the boiler cap that needs to be replaced will have to be shipped for over three weeks by elephants over the Himalayas, and then on a plane to your place.
Wanna Make Something Different?
If you’re the type who likes to experiment and try new and special things, what you should really keep in mind, is how much customization you have with your machine.
While automatic espresso machines are supposed to be, well, automatic, some do have a degree of customization on them. Some can give you different variables and points on how to change the amount of water or even heat.
In case you don't know how to use the espresso machine, check the video below:
Don’t Underestimate The Power Of Metal
Lastly, the material is very important. Honestly, metal is always a lot better than plastic. Unless made from very, very, high-quality plastic, you can rarely find an espresso machine lasting longer than metal. This goes for all the parts, from the knobs, the handles, to the drip tray.
Of course, plastic can be OK if you don’t use your machine very often, but if it sees a lot of use every day, for hours at a time, then after some time it can break down, and even crack.
If you’re looking to find the best espresso machine so you can finally make the perfect espresso, this might be a good place to start. Whether you want to make your very first beverage or you’ve already made many of them, you’re sure to find the best espresso machine that will enable you to try out various kinds of beverages.
A removable water tank with a filter
A sealed bean hopper
A stainless steel conical burr grinder
Automatically adjusts water temperature
Easy to clean
Easy and fun way to make your favorite espresso
You’ll have to wait a little bit for a steam to come up
- Our number one- Barista Express Espresso Machine. This beauty is just the thing you need to make a perfect espresso, latte, or even a cappuccino.
- That being said, it’s not surprising that the connoisseurs from all over the world have chosen the Barista over other espresso machines. With this machine, making espresso will be a whole new experience and you’ll enjoy every single second of it.
- What makes this machine stands out is its ability to control temperature, which is handy if you’d like to make consistent shots.
- You’ll get a perfect espresso in a blink of an eye because this machine works quickly and the process of making an espresso is a piece of cake. When your espresso is ready, just use a wet cloth to wipe the machine so it can be spotless.
- At the back of the machine is a water tank that is easily removable which is convenient when you want to pour water in it. Moreover, it has a filter that greatly reduces scales so no need to worry if your espresso will taste the same after a couple of months.
- Whether you’re a beginner or you’re an expert in making espressos, you can make various types of your favorite beverage, due to the versatility of this espresso maker.
A simple and modern design
Includes Aeroccino plus milk frother
LED indicator that let you know when you need to pour water
It can make various beverages
The Aeroccino can’t hold too much milk, so you can make one latte at a time
Can sometimes be too noisy
- If you always wanted to make an espresso or latte that looks and tastes like the one you drink in a local café, now is the perfect time for that.
- Not only that you’ll enjoy the easy process of making a perfect espresso, but you’ll also enjoy the flavorful taste.
- This machine is a really fun way to make your favorite latte and you’ll enjoy the possibility to make various beverages, from hot chocolate to latte.
- Would you like to drink a latte with a lot of foam? Then you’ll definitely love Aeroccino Plus that enables you to make foamy milk for a perfect latte.
- The best part is that this machine features LED indicator that’ll let you know when the water level is low, so no need to worry about that.
- Like all this isn’t enough, this beauty is available in 4 colors, so you can choose the one that will complement the look of your kitchen.
- Nespresso really knows how to make an attention-grabbing espresso maker. Invite your friends and serve perfect beverages!
Capsules are easy to insert and eject
Fast preheating time
A lot of crema
Backlit LED indicator
A removable water tank
Can hold 10 used capsules
A smaller water reservoir
Sometimes can be tricky to remove a water tank, so you have to be careful.
- Another great model from Nespresso. Like the previous one, this one also has remarkable features, thanks to which you’ll enjoy the perfect taste of espresso.
- Since there is a wide variety of capsules you can find the taste that suits you the best. They’re easy to insert and easy to eject, without making any mess.
- Moreover, there is enough space for even 10 used capsules which is quite handy, don’t you think?
- What people really love about this amazing machine is that, with each pour, you’ll get a great amount of crema. So, not only that your favorite beverage will taste great but it’ll also look great.
- If you want an espresso machine that will make you perfect beverages, plus it won’t take up a lot of space this one is for you!
The frother creates a gorgeous, creamy froth
You can enjoy the fresh taste of espresso
Easy to use
It’s pretty loud
The strength of espresso sometimes varies
- Looking for a super-automatic espresso machine? Then DeLonghi Magnifica is a perfect choice for you. Get one of these and make your mornings brighter!
- There is nothing worse than waiting for that coffee to brew, especially when you just woke up and you really need a cup of coffee.
- But, from now on, you’ll wake up with a smile on your face, knowing that your favorite beverage will be ready in a minute.
- Thanks to its remarkable “Direct-to-brew” system that grinds beans rapidly, you’ll enjoy the fresh taste of your espresso. But what’s even better is that your espresso will have a gorgeous creamy froth.
- Made of high-quality material, this machine will last you for a long time and it’ll make perfect espressos for many years.
- Making your favorite espresso has never been more interesting!
The Aeroccino gives a perfect creamy blend to your espresso
Centrifusion Technology for brewing coffee and espresso with just one touch of a button
Easy to use
Sometimes the coffee isn’t hot enough
Doesn’t come with many espresso options
- Do you want to have a remarkable coffee machine which is simple to use? Then you’ll love this model.
- Due to Centrifusion Technology the machine brews your coffee and espresso fast and easy. Just one simple touch and go. So, no more fuss and muss when comes to making your favorite espresso.
- Whether you’d like a whipped froth or a creamy blend, the amazing Aeroccino will make you that.
- When your beverage is made, you can clean the machine in just a second, because its design is that great and practical.
- It seems that everything about this espresso machine is easy. It’s easy to use, easy to clean, and easy to fall in love with the way it makes your favorite beverage!
Get a grinder. Honestly, get a grinder. So many people invest in high-quality beans, and the latest, most up to date machinery, but don’t actually end up with coffee that tastes like it should.
Their best espresso and the best latte makers, with beans handpicked by Columbian monks, won’t make a lick of difference if the beans aren’t ground up properly. Educate yourself and buy a good grinder (and grind the beans thoroughly).
The Final Decision
So there you have it, folks. The best automatic espresso machine money can buy online. While all these products are amazing, and you will definitely not go wrong with any of them, we would like to point out the Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine.
It has all the functions and pointers you need, for an affordable price, to make the best cup of coffee you can outside of a French coffee shop.
That delicious cup of espresso is just a quick turn of the knob and a few button presses away. What are you waiting for? Go and get one!