Best Blender For Protein Shakes: The Perfect Choice For Fitness Buffs
For those who are into body-building, the best blender for protein shakes is a must-have at home. With the latter, you can prepare delicious and flavorful smoothies, which are packed with proteins that can speed up the growth of muscle mass. With too many options available, however, which one should you choose?
In this guide, we will look at some of the best products currently available in the market, as well as the top features that give them an edge over the competition. We will also have a rundown of some of the most important factors to consider, increasing the likelihood of making the right decision.
Types Of Blenders
The first thing that you have to do is to think about the specific type of the blender that is needed. They may differ in terms of size, capacity, and mechanism at which they work. Below are some of the options that will confront you:
- Countertop Blender: This is perhaps the traditional and most popular option. In the 1900s, it gained popularity for mix malted drinks, which have been recommended by doctors for bulking muscles, much like protein shakes. They have a base that contains the motor and the pitcher usually has a high capacity.
- Immersion Blender: Also known as hand blenders, they are cheap but has a less powerful motor compared to the other types. This is ideal only for making protein shake using powder. If there are other ingredients, such as chunks of fruits, it may not prove to be as powerful as others.
- Bullet Blender: It comes with personal-sized cups that you can also take away with you after blending. This blender is compact, convenient, and user-friendly. They are space-efficient and also versatile. You can use it in making sauces and dips, among others.
Essential Factors To Consider
In you search for the best blender for protein shakes, below are some of the most important factors you should take into consideration:
- Durability: This is especially true for the pitcher or the glass. It should be made from materials that can withstand the test of time. Blenders with plastic housing are cheap, but they can be easily prone to breakage. Look for those that are shatter-resistant to be assured that it will last long.
- Blade: The blade of the blender should be made from high-quality and durable material. Stainless steel is perhaps the most common option. It should be designed in such a way that it can effectively liquefy the solid ingredients, providing you with a consistent smoothie.
- Motor: This is perhaps the most important part of the blender for a protein shake and will be indicative of the overall performance of the product. In most cases, 250 watts will be enough for a personal-sized blender. If you blend with ice, on the other hand, you need to choose one that is equipped with a more powerful motor.
- Size: Most people who are looking for a blender for smoothie will benefit from one that comes with a compact size, such as in the case of a bullet blender. It requires minimal space in the kitchen and it comes with cups that are perfect for a single user, which you can also easily take away with you as you head out.
- Speed: It is common for most people to not have the luxury of time, even when it comes to blending protein shakes. With this, choose one that blends quickly. Also, it will be good if there are several speed options, which will allow you to use the blender in more ways than one to achieve the desired consistency.
- Ease of Use: As much as possible, pick a blender for protein shake that is free from complications. Bullet blenders are known for their simplicity. For countertop blenders, on the other hand, it is important to have an intuitive control panel. Some manufacturers even include a recipe book to provide detailed instructions in preparing different smoothies.
- Ease of Cleaning and Maintenance: To keep the blender in its peak condition, you should choose one that will be effortless to maintain. It will be good if the parts are dishwasher-safe. Even the blade should be designed in such a way that it will be easy for you to clean dirt and debris that might have been stuck in hard to reach areas.
- Safety: Do not forget to look at the safety features that are offered by the blender. It is good if there is protection from overheating. It should also have a stable base to avoid the possibility of tripping, regardless of how intense the unit blends.
- Price: Look for a blender that comes with a fair price. You do not necessarily have to invest in the most expensive, especially if its main function is just for making protein shakes. It is important, however, to be not lured by prices that are too low. More often than not, these products can demonstrate inferior quality.
- Warranty: What if the blender breaks? It is good if the manufacturer offers an extensive warranty coverage. Within such duration, you can return it to the company. In turn, they will repair it and replace the parts at no cost on your end, provided that it is still within the coverage limit.
Below is a short video that shows more about buying the best blender:
Top Picks For The Best Blender For Protein Shakes
Clueless about which one will make a perfect choice? In this section, we will look at five of the products that are available in the market, as well as a few of their pros and cons.
Comes with different cup-sizes
Does not crush ice
Has a possibility of leaking
- This is perhaps one of the most popular when it comes to blenders that are used for protein shakes. It has one short cup and two short cups, both of which are ready to be taken anywhere you go. This means that you can blend in the same cup where you will drink the smoothie.
- The simplicity of this product is one thing that you might love. There are no complicated buttons on the control panel. To use, simply fill the cup with the ingredients desired, close the lid, turn upside down, and lock it on the base. As soon as it is locked, blending will start. Turn it around and it will stop blending.
- It is equipped with a 600-watt high-torque motor, which is powerful enough for a protein shake. However, it should be noted while it can blend frozen fruits, it is not meant to crush ice.
- The blade design, which is patented, is another great feature of this bullet blender. It has cyclonic action, which will help to easily tackle a wide array of ingredients while also making sure that the nutrients remain.
Compact and space-saving
Can crush even ice
No control of its functions
Produces a loud noise
- This is another bullet blender that should be part of your list. Among its features, one of the most exceptional is the Frozen Blending, which is reflective of its powerful performance. It easily blends not only frozen fruits but even ice.
- With a 900-watt motor, you can also expect that blending with this product will be almost effortless. Even if there are chunks of fruits that you would like to add in your protein shake, this blender will be able to deal with it easily.
- The Ninja Pro Extractor Blades are also worth mentioning. They are made from durable stainless steel. It is also a good thing that they do not produce heat. They are able to extract the maximum vitamins and minerals from the ingredients that are used.
- It is inclusive of cups with different sizes. There are also slip and seal lids, which will allow you to drink straight from the cup.
Designed with an ergonomic handle
Easy to use control panel
Convenient cord storage
Some parts are made from flimsy plastic
Makes a lot of noise
- One of the notable features of this blender for protein shake is the die cast metal base, which is made from long-lasting materials. More than its durability, it is also known for its stability. However, there are some people who were concerned about how some of the parts are made from plastic.
- In terms of versatility, this can also be an excellent choice. One reason for this is the presence of five speeds, allowing you to choose which one is perfect for the consistency that is desired. There is also a dedicated button for Pulse Mode and Crush Ice.
- Lastly, it comes with a high-quality container that has a capacity of 56 ounces. It is BPA-free, which means that it is made using materials that are non-toxic. It is dishwasher-safe. It is also shattered and stain-resistant, which makes it durable. Lastly, it comes with a well-designed handle that will be easy to hold even if you have a large hand.
Elegant touchscreen controls
Powerful blending performance
Easy to clean
Can be too loud
Produces too much vibration
- The 1,560-watt motor that is incorporated in this product makes it one of the most powerful from the products that are mentioned in this post. Given the performance of its direct-drive motor, it will surely be useful beyond making protein shakes.
- Another exceptional feature is the Triton polyester jar, which is also BPA-free. The cold-forged wingtip blade is also a plus. The latter effortlessly blends even the toughest ingredients and won’t get hot. Also, its durable construction makes it withstand many years of use.
- Lastly, this is a beautiful blender that will surely be an excellent addition to the kitchen. The control panel has a subtle illumination, which will make it easy to see the buttons as well. There are different blend cycles that are available, allowing the unit to offer versatility.
Delivers versatile functionality
Multiple cup sizes
Blades can easily get dull
Can be prone to leaking
- This blender delivers 1,100 watts of power. With this, there is no wonder that it is indeed capable of blending even the toughest ingredients, making it useful beyond blending protein shake. To add, it comes with Total Crushing Technology that allows it to crush even ice.
- The versatility of this blender is another thing that makes it exceptional. While you can use the large pitcher, you can also opt for the personal-sized cups with lids that are incorporated with blades. This will allow you to easily take your protein shake with you when you are ready to leave.
- Lastly, it is also worth noting that you have the option to select from three different motor speeds. You can go slow or fast, depending on the consistency that you wish to achieve. For this reason, you can also use the blender in different applications.
In sum, the best blender for protein shakes can indeed make your life easier in more ways than one. You can easily prepare your preferred drink using the required ingredients while making sure that the nutrients are optimized. Choosing the right product, however, is not an easy feat, especially given the abundance of the options.
From the five products that are mentioned above, if there is only one that I can personally recommend, it would be Magic Bullet NutriBullet 12-piece High-Speed Blender Mixer System. This is a compact bullet blender that offers straightforward operation. It has a 600-watt motor, which is more than enough if you are going to use it for a protein shake.