Finding The Best Butane Torch? DO NOT Go Shopping Without Knowing This Stuff!
Whether you want to create mouth-watering desserts or to repair something in your house, you’re going to need a butane cooking torch. You can make things, like for example, cheese sandwiches, the old fashioned way, but using a butane torch is a lot more fun!
Of course, buying the perfect one for your needs can be challenging but we’re here to help you out.
Going through this article, you’ll learn all that you need to know about getting the very best butane torch for you.
Everything You Need To Know Before Purchasing A New Butane Torch
So, you decided that you want to buy one of these well-known kitchen tools but you just don’t know what would be the best one for you. You don’t want to end up with a butane torch that will only last for a month. You also don’t want the one that will not work as well as it should. So, how to choose?
In order to find a good one, first, you need to make a decision. Just decide what do you really want and need from your butane torch?
Do you want to use it in the restaurant or just at your home? If you work in the kitchen, you’re going to need the best kitchen torch that is reliable and precise. On the other hand, if you want to fix something at your home and you have kids, you’re going to need a butane torch that has a safety lock.
So, before moving on to the features, you must know what do you want out of your cooking torch.
Do you actually know what a cooking torch is and what you can use it for?
In short, the cooking torch is any butane torch that uses butane gas in order to create a very hot flame. The cooking butane torch that is used by professionals can reach temperatures up to 2500 degrees F.
This is hot enough to melt various metals such as gold and silver. That’s why the butane torch can be used for a wide variety of applications, from home projects to creating marvelous dishes.
With this one in your hand you’ll easily transform a sprinkling of sugar into a finger-licking hard-layer of caramel. Moreover, you can use it to melt cheese toppings, to roast tomatoes and peppers, to sprinkle sugar on desserts and much more. In other words, to make cooking even more enjoyable.
As we already mentioned you can even use this handy tool in various home projects, such as soldering, jewelry repairs, wax working, leather crafting and wood burning. Pretty handy tool, huh?
Since we explained why you need to have one of these handy tools in your home and kitchen, let’s see what things you need to consider when buying a cooking butane torch.
Is it easy to use?
Whether you are at your home or in the restaurant, you need to have a butane torch that will be effortlessly ignited and extinguished.
The best butane torch will do wonders with just one simple press of a button. This feature is very important and useful, as it will speed things up. Moreover, if your kitchen torch is easy to turn off, it won’t accidentally light up when not in use.
In case you don't know how to use your butane torch, check the video bellow:
Is it safe?
If you’re a newbie, a safety lock is one of the most important features that your butane torch should have. It also should have a nice grip so it won’t slide from your hand.
Moreover, if you have children, your butane torch just has to have the safety lock. It will prevent an unwanted activation of the torch.
One more thing that determines if your butane torch is safe for your children is whether or not it meets Child Safety Requirements. You surely don’t want the one that can be dangerous for your kids.
What about the temperature?
If you want your butane torch to be both effective and fast, so you can easily finish your work, you should go for the one that can reach a maximum of 2500 degrees Fahrenheit.
Can you control the flame?
Obviously, you can totally ruin your projects and your food, if you don’t have control over the size of the flame.
So, make sure to find the butane torch that gives you the possibility to adjust the flame. This feature is especially important if you haven’t used the butane torch before, as it will decrease risks from burning the food.
What about comfort?
If you’re working in the kitchen, you’re going to use this tool very often. That’s why you need to have a butane torch that is comfortable to hold. So, search for the one that has an ergonomic design and size.
Moreover, a good butane torch should also be lightweight, so you can use it for as long as you need to.
How versatile your kitchen butane torch is?
As we already mentioned, your butane torch will do wonders both in your kitchen and your home. So, find the one that is versatile enough so you can use it for cooking, soldering, crafting, repairing and a lot more.
Is there a fuel level gauge?
Although this feature is not obligatory, it’s certainly useful. With the fuel level gauge, you’ll always know when you have to refill the tank.
How precise your butane torch needs to be?
With the best butane torch, the flame should be very precise, so find the one with a long anti-flare neck. Thanks to this feature, you’ll always be able to determine the distance between your food and the cooking butane torch. Moreover, you’ll be able to reach the object from the various angles.
Where can I buy fuel?
As most of the torches come without fuel you’ll probably need to buy it separately. But, you don’t have to worry where to buy it, because you have a plenty of choices. Grocery stores, kitchen specialty stores, outdoor pro shops – they all sell butane. If you want to purchase fuel online, check out Amazon.com and other e-tailers.
Here You’ll Find The Best Butane Torch For Your Uses
Below you’ll find the short review of the high quality butane torches that we’ve chosen for you.
+ Made of premium materials
+ Easy to use
+ Easy to refill
+ It features a safety lock
+ 45-degree angle allows for safe use
+ Small enough to fit perfectly into your hand
– Doesn’t come with butane
- Our top pick comes from one of the most trusted brands on the market – the Atlas Gerus.
- This time, they bring us the Culinary Micro Butane Torch. So, let’s take a look at what makes this model stand out from the rest.
- This cooking torch is well-known for its reliability and top-notch quality, thus it’s no wonder that many professionals use it in their restaurants.
- Whether you want to caramelize crème Brulee, to glaze ham or toast marshmallows, you’ll love this easy-to-use kitchen butane torch.
- Made of premium materials, Atlas Gerus Culinary Micro Butane Torch is both reliable and durable. It will surely last you for many years. Its convenient size allows for easy storing, so you can place it anywhere in your kitchen.
- Because of a head that sits at a 45-degree angle, the flame will be far from your skin. There is even a safety lock, which ensures that torch won’t turn on when not in use. This feature is especially important if you have children.
- As we said, this little guy is easy to use, so you can use it with only one hand. Moreover, it will fit perfectly in your hand, due to an amazing grip.
- What we love about this handy kitchen butane torch is that flame can last for even 60 minutes, with just one refill. As far as refilling is concerned, it won’t take you a lot of time and you can do that by yourself.
- The torch doesn’t come with butane, so you have to purchase it separately.
- Durable, convenient and safe, the Atlas Gerus Culinary Micro Butane Torch might be your very best creme brulee torch.
+ Gas-flow adjustment dial so you can adjust flame length
+ Attachable tabletop base
+ Anti-flare, brass-frame nozzle
+ 2,500-degree F, torch flame, for a more precise flame tip
– According to federal regulations, the home use is banned.
– Sometimes hissing is too loud
- In case you are looking for a high-quality, precise, and reliable butane torch for use in professional or industrial environment, this one might be just the perfect choice for you. Now, let’s take a look at what makes the GT8000 Big Shot Butane torch stand out from the rest.
- The GT8000 Big Shot Butane torch is perfect for all kinds of applications, from soldering to culinary, because it creates a very accurate flame. Released from a nozzle head, the flame allows for direct heat application to an item. Moreover, you can adjust the flame length the way you want to, thanks to a gas flow adjustment dial.
- It is specifically designed for accessing hard-to-reach areas of an object. The head of the torch is angled, so you can use it in different positions. The torch comes with an attachable tabletop base, which allows for hands-free use.
- Finally, the torch has a continuous burn time of 35 minutes and can reach the flame temperatures of 2, 500 degrees F.
- Since the GT8000 is designed for professional use, you cannot use it at your home.
Iwatani CB-TC-PRO2 - Professional Butane Cooking Torch, Piezo electric ignition (With Stabilizing Plate)
+ It works with standard butane gas canisters
+ Made in Japan
+ Easy to ignite
– The torch is quite bulky
– It can only be used with Iwatani gas cylinder, Bu-5, and BU-6
- Made in Japan, the quality Iwatani CB-TC-PRO2 will do wonders with your food. Not only will you be able to caramelize sugar, but you’ll also be able to create flawlessly seared meats.
- The Iwatani CB-TC-PRO2 is very fast, which is important if you’re working in a restaurant. It has a trigger that allows for easy ignition. If you’re handy, you will easily turn it on and off with just one hand.
- Controlling flame is a breeze since the torch comes with a built-in flame size adjustment. The torch offers a wide flame that will stay in the same form, no matter what the angle is.
- Fast and reliable, this kitchen butane torch is a perfect kitchen accessory for cake shops, restaurants as well as for your home.
- The slight concern is that the torch is a bit bulky, so you won’t store it easily. Another concern might be that you can only use it with the Iwatani gas cylinder, Bu-5, and BU-6.
+ A flame adjusting regulator
+ A locking mechanism
+ Safe for use
+ Easy to use
+ A modern design
– The torch tends to consume quite a bit of butane
– Refilling takes a little while because of the tank size
- Why is JB Chef Culinary Micro Butane Torch the first choice for many users around the world? Aside from a modern look, it gets good scores for its safety and ease of use. Moreover, it comes from one of the best maker of cooking butane torches.
- What makes this butane torch stand out from the rest is definitely an ergonomic design and size.
- Thanks to a lovely silver color, this handy kitchen utensil will add a nice touch to your cooking, as you’ll make every dish with style
- Moreover, the ergonomic size allows for ease of use. You’ll be able to hold the torch with confidence, without worrying if it will slide from your hands.
- The torch features a locking mechanism, which means that it is completely safe for use. Like previous models, this one also has a flame adjusting regulator.
- Because of that, you’ll be able to choose the strength of the flame. Since you can adjust the length of flame, you can use the torch for various cooking applications such as caramelizing, searing, melting and glazing.
- One of the downsides is that you’ll have to be patient when refilling. Moreover, the torch tends to consume quite a bit of butane.
+ Features an impact resistant housing
+ Just one press and the torch is lit up
+ A safety lock
+ Built-in hand and finger guards for maximum safety
– The flame requires adjustments often
– The flame is not as wide
– Butane gas not included
- Here we have an extremely safe and quality kitchen torch that will make your cooking both safe and fun. Now, let’s see what makes EurKitchen Kitchen Torch special.
- Featuring a handy safety lock and built-in hand and finger guards, with this butane torch you’ll have a maximum safety. While the safety lock will prevent accidentally lightning, the guards will protect your hand from burning.
- Thanks to high-quality materials, the housing will endure shocks and make your torch long-lasting. Moreover, you’ll love using it because it’s lightweight. That means, your hand won’t get tired quickly thus you’ll be more productive.
- Another handy feature of EurKitchen Kitchen Torch is the Piezo press button. It allows for easy lighting. Just one press and there will be fire.
- A minor concern is that the flame doesn’t stay stable, which means that you’ll have to adjust it quite often. Also, the flame isn’t very wide, so it might take a while to make your dish perfect (but it’s worth it).
- Lightweight, safe and easy to use – this might be a perfect choice for anyone who wants to take their cooking skills to the next level.
Well, guys, that’s it from us. Now that you have a buying guide and best butane torches, it’s time to make a decision. Now, the decision isn’t that hard when you realize all the great things you can do with a butane torch. Since our recommended products come from different brands and all of them have something unique, finding the best butane torch for your needs will be quite easy.
However, we still want to single out our top pick, and that is Atlas Gerus Culinary Micro Butane Torch. Whether you want to create perfect desserts or toast marshmallows, with this high-quality butane torch, you just cannot go wrong. It is designed with durability and efficiency in mind.
We’re sure that you’ll enjoy spending a whole day in your kitchen making lovely food, with your new best cooking torch!