The Best Chef Shoes That Your Feet Will Love!
It’s not a secret that being a chef or a cook who spends the better part of the day in the kitchen is a tough job.
Being on your feet for a whole day results in painful feet and an annoying pain in the back. Not only that the pain distracts you from your work, but it also makes it impossible for you to enjoy preparing dishes. Soon, what you used to love becomes something that you just hate.
Luckily, it doesn’t have to be like that anymore because I have a solution to all your problems (well, not to all of them, but rather to those relating to your job). The key to your success lies in finding a perfect pair of shoes. You’ll say “I tried to find the best chef shoes and I didn’t find anything that suits me. It just seems impossible to find them.”
Reading this article you’ll realize that not only it’s possible to find them but it’s necessary, both because of your health and your job. With information and recommended products that you’ll find below, buying the best kitchen shoes will be a piece of cake!
Take Your Shoes Seriously
Buying just any kind of shoes for your work in a restaurant probably isn’t the smartest decision you can make. As the name itself suggests, chef shoes aren’t just an ordinary pair of shoes but rather specifically designed for both your comfort and safety.
Features that most of these shoes have, such as comfort, lightweight and flexibility are pretty important when comes to choosing a pair that will enable you to work properly.
Why Do I Need The Best Chef Shoes?
As you probably already know, sitting for a whole day have a bad impact on our health. But, what’s even worse than sitting is actually standing for a whole day. Especially when you’re working in the restaurant, where the shifts are much longer than with a regular job.
Some of the most common health issues that people who work in the kitchen encounter are varicose veins, problems with a circulatory system, pain in the lower back and hips. It doesn’t sound like work in the kitchen is all sunshine and rainbows, does it?
Benefits of Wearing Good Chef Shoes
The best thing you can do in order to preserve your health and to give your best at work is to simply find the best chef shoes for yourself. With the right pair of shoes, your job will be a lot easier and you’ll enjoy it.
Comparing to other shoes, chef shoes are super comfortable due to their platforms and slightly higher heels. Moreover, they have lots of padding to make standing all day as comfortable as possible. But, they wouldn’t be so comfortable if they didn’t lightweight and flexible, right? It seems that the experts thought about everything when they designed the best kitchen shoes that your feet will love.
How to Know What Shoes Are the Best for Me?
Well, now that you know why you should wear chef shoes instead of any kind of shoes, it’s finally time to learn what features you should pay attention to when choosing the best pair.
Although there are many different types of chef shoes that you can choose from, it’s important to know what the essential features are.
#1. Comfort and Cushioning
If your shoes aren’t comfortable, you’ll be in a big trouble. Your feet and back will be in a pain, you’ll be nervous and you’ll not be able to fully focus on your work. That might even result in you getting hurt because working with all those knives and other kitchen utensils certainly require all your attention.
That being said, look for shoes that have thick platforms and slightly higher heels. One thing to note here is that you want your shoes to have lots of padding but nothing too much. Too much padding means too heavy shoes and your feet getting tired fast.
#2. Stain and Spill Resistance
Since your shoes will be your best friend, you probably want them to look nice and neat, thus they need to be protected from stains and spills that will attack your precious shoes on a regular basis. Try to find shoes with special protectants on them so they can be easily cleaned.
#3. Arch Support
Arch support is an especially important feature because if you have flat feet you should never, ever buy shoes with a high arch support. Wearing wrong shoes can result in extremely painful feet. So, make sure to buy shoes that’ll suit your feet the best.
#4. No more slipping
Some of the best chef shoes have deep grooves in the outer soles that make falling or slipping almost impossible for you. Since working in the kitchen means that you have to move quickly, your shoes need to have features such as rubber outsole, that’ll help you to avoid slipping.
Our Recommended Products
According to our chef shoes reviews, I’ve come up with these marvelous five products, all of which have great benefits. These are all trusted products, so no need to worry if your investment will be wise.
Easy to wear
No more odor
A removable EVA footbed
A supportive sole unit
The model is a bit larger, comparing to other shoes, so you might want to buy a smaller size.
- Running around the kitchen for a whole day is certainly exhausting, so having an extraordinary pair of shoes is a must. These slip-on shoes are our number one because they literally have all you need. They are comfortable, practical and flexible.
- Wearing Merrell Encore Gust Shoe you’ll enjoy both comfort and flexibility, due to Strobel construction. Moreover, they’re specifically designed to give your feet support and ease their pain due to a supportive sole unit.
- Since they’re slip-on, you can easily take them off, whenever your feet need a little bit of freedom.
- There’s nothing worse than the awful smell that is a result of wearing shoes for a long period of time. But, you’ll be happy to hear that these shoes have a removable EVA footbed for airing out. You can forever forget about that odor!
- The downside of these shoes is that they’re large, so make sure that you pick the right size.
- With these amazing features, it’s not surprising that these shoes are the first choice of many professionals who take care of their feet. Buy a pair for you and make your feet happy!
Rubber sole and slip-resistant outsole
Made of high-quality leather
Easy to clean
A thicker heel and platform provide more cushions
They’re a little bit tighter, so you have to stretch them out
Slip-resistant sole provides less flexibility
- If you just started working in the kitchen and your feet can’t handle all the pressure, this pair of shoes will definitely make your step easier.
- Made of high-quality leather, they’re sure to last for a long time. Moreover, because of the material, they’re easy to clean, no matter what you spill on them. Just use warm water and a cloth to wipe them.
- Since working in the kitchen can sometimes be dangerous, because you might fall or slip, these shoes are just perfect for your safety. They have a rubber sole and a slip-resistant outsole, so no need to worry about slipping anymore.
- Thanks to a thicker heel and a platform, you’ll get more cushions so your step will be confident and lightweight.
- What we really love about these shoes is that they provide arch support, so if you don’t have flat feet these would be just perfect for you.
- As far as the downsides are concerned, the first one is that shoes are a little bit tighter so you have to stretch them out. Another downside is that the slip-resistant sole offers less flexibility.
A great price
Slip-resistant outsole prevents falls and slipping
A memory foam insole
Elastic sides gores at opening
Made of synthetic material
They run a little bit larger, so you have to be careful about size
Because of the material, they can become too loose
- Whether you just started working or you just need a new pair of shoes, with this one you just can’t be mistaken. At a great price, you’ll have the opportunity to wear these Skechers work shoes every day and to make each step easy and light.
- These shoes are all about comfort. Made of synthetic material, they’re comfortable to wear and are lightweight, so you’ll be able to move quickly around the kitchen. In addition, thanks to a memory foam insole, you’ll get more cushions for more comfort.
- That these shoes are perfect for a job where you don’t have time to bother with a shoelace, proves their elastic side gores that make slipping into shoes a piece of cake.
- The outsole is slip-resistant to prevent falls and slipping, so you can walk confidently and with a smile on your face.
- Since they’re made of synthetic material, in some cases they tend to be too loose. Pay attention to which size you choose, because they do tend to run a little bigger.
Lots of space, especially in width so not the best choice for those who wear half sizes
Your feet will sweat in these shoes
- The Bistro is designed specifically for those people who are standing all day. They’re slip-resistant and they provide increased traction, so no need to worry about slipping anymore.
- Thanks to enclosed design, your feet will be protected from stains and kitchen spills. However, even if you spill something, don’t worry because they’re easy to clean. Just use soap and water and they will look like they’re new.
- Black, white, or navy- choose your favorite color and look awesome in your kitchen!
- These shoes aren’t the best choice for those who wear half sizes and because of their material your feet will sweat which can be inconvenient during summer.
They are stiff and heavy a little bit, but you’ll get used to that pretty soon
- Being a woman in the world of chefs is certainly a challenging and demanding job, so why not make your life easier with these amazing shoes?
- As a woman, you probably want your shoes to look awesome, even if you’re spending all day in the kitchen, right? Well, don’t worry whether they are stylish or not, because they’re designed to both look nicely and perform nicely.
- Made of leather, they provide the best comfort and flexibility, so you won’t even notice for how long you wear them. They feature slip resistant rubber outsole and a removable insole which means you get a remarkable combination of durability, comfort, and protection.
- Since the temperature in the kitchen is high, your shoes need to breathe so your feet won’t sweat, and these shoes do exactly that. Thanks to pierced accents on the sides, your feet will get enough air flow.
- With all these great features, it’s pretty obvious that your feet will just fall in love with these shoes.
It’s Time To Get Your Chef Shoes
Now that you’ve gone through this article, you’re more than ready to buy your new favorite pair of shoes. Just keep in mind what features are important so you can have both comfortable and safe shoes. We’ve listed the 5 best chef shoes, all of which have a great quality.
However, we want to single out the number one, i.e. Merrell Men’s Encore Gust Slip-On Shoe that will give you everything you need, from a nice, simple design to the very best comfort. From now on, you’ll enjoy every step of the way!