Best Coffee Maker Under 100: Your Guide To Making The Right Decision
For sure, many of you would find me relatable if I say that I am addicted to coffee. I cannot imagine life without caffeine, which, I believe that it gives me a jolt of energy. It keeps me going and makes me more productive. With this, for people like me, a coffee maker is an essential investment.
Some of you might think that it is costly. However, if you just know where to look, you can find the right product at the right price. With this, in the rest of this post, I will share with you some valuable insights about the best coffee maker under 100, including some of the top options that are available in the market.
Types Of Coffee Makers
Given the different types that are available in the market, which is the best option for you? Below, we will give you a quick look at some of the most common options that you will be confronted with:
- Single Cup Coffee Maker: As the name implies, this will yield one cup per use. This is the perfect option if you will only make coffee for yourself, which will prevent wastage. Most of the models will provide you with precise temperature control and the ability to choose the brew setting that is desired.
- French Press: This is one of the oldest types of coffee makers available in the market. With this type, you have to put coarse coffee grounds on the cylinder, pour hot water, stir, let it sit for about eight minutes, and push the plunger. It is operated manually, and hence, more effort will be required on your end compared to their electric counterparts.
- Espresso Coffee Machine: You should choose this if you want your coffee to be robust. It can make an espresso shot that can be consumed on its own or be used as the main ingredient for other drinks, such as cappuccino and latte. It uses pressure to extract optimal flavor and aroma from coffee grounds.
- Drip Coffee Maker: This is the standard option for a coffee maker. It is an inexpensive and practical choice as it is user-friendly. Most of the models available will be able to produce as much as 12 cups in one go. It has programmable features that will allow you to customize the brew based on your preferences.
Below is a short video that will show you more about some of the types of coffee machines:
Features To Look For In The Best Coffee Maker Under 100
Even at a cheap price, most of the models under 100 are integrated with a wide array of features that will allow you to prepare your drink exactly as desired. In this case, the following are some of the features that you might want to check:
Brew Strength Control
Do you want your coffee to be bold or you want it to be mild? It will be good if there is a selector, often available in the form of a knob or button. This will allow you to prepare your coffee based on the strength that is desired.
It is common for most people to use tap water in their coffee makers. It is good if the coffee has the ability to filter the water, making sure that there are no impurities. This will remove the minerals that are often present in hard water, resulting in a coffee with cleaner and more defined flavor.
Using tap water will cause mineral deposits in the machine and in the long-term, will have a negative impact on the quality of your coffee. This feature is important because this will make it a snap for you to clean and maintain the unit. In most cases, you just have to add water and vinegar.
Even some cheaper models have a built-in grinder. This will allow you to prepare the coffee from bean to cup. You have the option to choose how coarse or fine the grounds will be.
It is also good if the tray can keep the cup warm. This will help to maintain the right temperature of your drink, which is one of the most important in retaining its optimal quality.
Pause and Serve
There are also some models wherein you can automatically pause the brewing function and serve coffee in your cup. After which, you can return it to the base and it will continue brewing.
Other Things To Consider
Aside from the factors that have been mentioned above, you might also want to take a look at the following:
- Ease of Use
How many people will be drinking the coffee that will be prepared by your chosen product? Do you have a small or large space for the coffee maker? These things will have an impact on whether you should choose one that is small or big.
Most of the coffee makers that fall within the hundred-dollar price range are made from stainless steel or plastic. Stainless steel is a better option when it comes to durability. Plus, it comes with an elegant finish.
It will be best to choose one that comes with user-friendly controls. The buttons should be strategically positioned and it should be free from complications. Even cleaning and maintenance should be effortless.
Top Picks For The Best Coffee Maker Under 100
If you are still clueless about what coffee maker will make the best choice, we will identify five of the best models that are available, as well as their notable features.
Can make 14 cups in one brew
Elegant and stylish
Easy to use
Glass carafe can be easily prone to breakage
Can be too tall for some
- The brand name of this model is just one of the many reasons to love it above many of its competitors. We loved how it can brew up to 14 cups, making it perfect for a small office or in a household with people who love coffee.
- In terms of its features, one of the things you might like is the Brew Strength Selector, which will allow you to customize your caffeine fix. There is a Bold button, which will allow water to enter slowly and will result to slower drip for a stronger taste.
- Another excellent feature is the charcoal filter, which can be highly effective in water filtration. This will take out the impurities that are present in water, such as hard minerals. The result is a cleaner coffee without an aftertaste.
- Lastly, it comes with a self-cleaning feature. This will make it a breeze for you to maintain the unit in its tip-top condition.
Comes with a travel mug
Made by a trusted brand
Cleaning can be quite tricky
Not easy to use
- This is another option made by a brand that has an impressive global reputation. Among others, one of the best things about this product is its versatility. It can be used for brewing a single cup of coffee in the portable travel mug. Alternatively, there is also a carafe that will allow you to brew as much as 12 cups.
- Do you want your coffee bold or just regular? There is no need to worry. It comes with convenient controls that will allow you to easily set the brew strength that is preferred.
- The two-hour automatic shutoff is also an excellent feature. Since the unit will turn off on its own when it is left idle, this can be helpful when it comes to energy efficiency. It can also prevent overheating, which is good not only for safety but also in extending the lifespan of the internal components.
- Lastly, another thing that makes it convenient is the fact that you can brew in advance, as much as 24 hours. You can wake up to the aroma of hot and fresh coffee!
Traditional style makes it excellent for table service
Thermal carafe is spill-proof
Power cord is short
Exterior can easily get hot
- Compared to most of the coffee makers, this one comes with a traditional design. It has a stainless steel body and it can be used even for table service.
- In terms of capacity, this is also pretty much impressive. It can brew up to 12 cups at a time. Based on the specifications from the manufacturer, brewing time is only a minute. To add, even if it has a large brewing capacity, it is a good thing that it comes with a space-efficient design
- Simplicity is another selling point of this product. There are no complicated controls, but you also do not have the option to set the brew strength as desired. It comes with a notification light that will let you know once brewing is done.
Wide variety of flavors are available
Comes with reusable coffee filter
Has automatic programs
K-cups can be expensive for some people
Descaling function can sometimes be problematic
- One of the best things about this model is the water reservoir, which has a capacity of 48 ounces. It is conveniently located on the side of the unit and it is easy to detach.
- The removable drip tray is also an excellent feature. This will help to minimize mess in the counter as the tray will catch drips from the sprout. Also, this allows the base to easily accommodate even taller mugs.
- Also, it is a good thing that you will have the option to set the specific brew size. You can choose from 6, 8, or 10 ounces.
- The descaling function can also prove to be a good thing, especially when it comes to ease of cleaning and maintenance. This will allow you to easily get rid of mineral deposits that can have an impact on the quality of coffee. However, through time, the descaling function may work less efficiently.
Can also be used for brewing tea
Comes in a complete kit
Requires more effort since you need to push the plunger
Brewing may take some time
- Value for money – this is one thing that you can possibly find to be impressive in this model. At such an affordable price, it is commendable that it is packaged as a complete kit. There is even a stainless steel spoon.
- The package is also inclusive of four filter screens, which is important for a French Press coffee maker. The latter makes sure that the grounds will be separated from the liquid, and hence, your drink does not end up being gritty.
- The quality of the glass that is used is also exceptional. Some might have hesitations with a glass carafe, fearing that it will easily break. Such is not the case with this model. It is made from a high-quality glass that can resist heat.
In sum, as shown from the models mentioned above, you do not need to spend a fortune to enjoy a high-quality coffee maker. With the latter, you can easily and conveniently prepare your caffeine fix at home, office, or in any other place.
What is the best coffee maker under 100? If you ask for my personal opinion, I would say Cuisinart DCC-3200. Made by a trusted brand, it has an appealing design and offers an option to control your brew strength as desired. It can also brew up to 14 cups at a time, has a self-cleaning feature, and comes with an impressive water filter.