The Best Countertop Convection Oven For Perfect Cooking
Since I spend a lot of time baking and cooking, I realized my traditional oven simply isn’t enough. Not only the oven bakes and roasts food for too long, but also it doesn’t bake evenly. While the edge of the cake is burned, the middle isn’t even baked.
Therefore, I did a little bit of researching and I found out that a countertop convection oven might be a solution to my problem. I decided to go with it and I can say that I’m impressed with what this little beast can do.
Now, I have the oven that can do all that I want, from baking to roasting, to broiling. Plus, it does all that much faster than a traditional oven. I’m sooo in love with my new oven!
Well, guys, I’m writing this article to help you out with finding the best countertop convection oven for your needs.
But, What’s Wrong With My Traditional Oven? It Works Just Fine
There is nothing wrong with your traditional oven. But, it works fine, while a convection oven works just great. See the difference – fine vs. great?
If you don’t cook often, the traditional oven should be enough for your needs. However, if you’re anything like me, then you use every opportunity to try out all those recipes that you’ve collected over time from Baked Grapefruit Oats to Jamie Oliver’s delicious recipes.
That said, you’ll need an oven that does much more than a traditional one, and that’s where a countertop convection oven comes in.
Compared to traditional ovens that don’t have a circulating fan (thus they create many “hot spots” in the food; plus some parts of the food aren’t even cooked), convection ovens do have. Meaning, the heat transfers faster, resulting in the food that is evenly cooked.
I Still Don’t See Why Would I Buy The Countertop Convection Oven
For those of you who are still a bit of skeptic, here are the advantages of this type of oven. So, let’s take a look why you might need to buy the convection oven.
Since these ovens are designed to cook much faster and are smaller than traditional ovens, they use less energy to cook the food.
Do you have a smaller kitchen? Then that’s another reason why you should consider getting a countertop convection oven. As mentioned, these ovens are smaller, thus you can place them anywhere you like. Mine is placed on the counter, because of that way, I have quick access to the oven, and I can easily oversee the food in the oven.
There Is Enough Space To Bake More Than One Item At The Same Time
Although these ovens are smaller, you don’t have to worry if there’s enough space to cook lunch for a whole family. In fact, you can bake more than one item at the same time, and there won’t be a change in the quality of the food.
Since these ovens don’t have many cold and hot spots (like traditional ovens), the entire interior achieves more or less the same temperature.
So, whichever shelf you want to put that cake on, the results will still be the same (given the same amount of baking time and the same temperature).
Versatile And Easy To Use
Most of the countertop convection ovens are capable of baking, reheating, cooking, roasting and more. Moreover, they feature pre-settings, which make cooking easier and reliable, without you having to worry about adjusting the temperatures and cooking time.
The Internal Components Last Longer
Since these ovens don’t have to be heated to such high temperatures as traditional ovens, their internal components are most likely to last longer. Of course, you’ll probably have to change the fan from time to time, because it tends to break down more often. However, I don’t think this might be a big issue.
The 5 Best Countertop Convection Oven Reviews
Although there are numerous models on the market, I did my best to make a list of good quality convection ovens, so that you could easily choose the best countertop convection oven for you. That said, I’m sure that below you might find just what you (and your family) need.
Easy to use
10 menu functions
Slow Cook function
The exterior of the oven gets too hot
Takes up more space than expected
- The Breville BOV845BSS Convection Oven is capable of roasting, baking, toasting and making flavorful cookies. It’s made of stainless steel and comes with 12 x 12 Enamel Broiling Pan, 12 x 12 Enamel Baking Pan, and 13" Non-Stick Pizza Pan.
- This oven is designed in such a way that it allows for precise and even cooking. Thanks to 10 menu functions that suggest what would be the best temperature and cooking time, it’s easy to use (and you don’t even have to be an expert).
- In addition, the oven will remember those functions for the next time, which makes cooking faster and easier.
- The oven comes with a handy interior oven light so that you can easily supervise the cooking process.
- If you are a fan of complex flavors, you’ll appreciate a Slow Cook Function. It will cook food for up to 10 hours and after that, the oven will keep the food warm. This might be useful if you’re waiting for your kids to get back from school because you can serve the warm food.
- However, the exterior of the oven will get too hot, meaning you’ll need to remove items around your oven to keep everything on safe.
Easy to clean
Features a timer
Pre-programmed functions for reliable results
The oven may be too small for some bakeware
Starting and pre-heating the oven is a real bother
- The KitchenAid KCO273SS 12" Convection Bake Digital Countertop Oven comes with nine pre-programmed functions, a 120-minute timer, and provides enough room for cooking 2-12 inch pizza. It also comes with a 12" broiling rack, cooling rack, 12" non-stick multi-purpose pan, and non-stick drip tray.
- Thanks to an Even-heat technology that ensures consistent heat, you’ll enjoy the well-prepared food.
- Nine pre-programmed functions make sure that you could bake pizza and cookies, toast 6 slices of bread at the same time, reheat leftovers, and keep your lunch warm.
- A 120-minute timer comes in handy when you bake the cake and at the same time doing other chores around the house. It will remind you to check up on your cake, so there is no risk of burning it.
- Because of a non-stick coating, you’ll clean the oven easily. This is especially convenient if you don’t have time to spend a whole day cleaning.
- Keep in mind that you can only use 12 inches bakeware, so you might want to measure bakeware first.
- In addition, after you start the oven, and it pre-heats, if you don’t press the START button again, it will shut off. It is understood that this is a real hassle.
Easy to clean (it has a non-stick coating)
Durable and reliable
Element IQ cooking technology for different types of foods
Not a good choice for baking pizza because it can’t achieve the needed temperature
It takes around 5-7 minutes to pre-heat which is a bit longer than expected
- The Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven is a powerful, durable, and reliable oven. Whether you want to bake cookies and bread, or you want to sear meat, this oven might be a good choice for your needs. Plus, its modern design makes it a nice addition to your kitchen.
- Made of durable and quality materials, this oven might be a good choice for anyone who is looking for a reliable countertop convection oven. It will last a long time and will provide good and consistent cooking results.
- Since the elements are composed of quartz, the oven will heat more evenly.
- Moreover, the interior has a non-stick coating thus, you won’t have to struggle to clean the oven. Since you can access the crumb/drip tray from the front, cleaning between sessions will be a lot easier and faster.
- As the name itself suggests, this is one clever oven. Thanks to an Element IQ cooking technology, you can prepare different types of foods. The oven will adjust the temperature and cooking time for you, so you get well-cooked food each time, regardless of the type of food you cook.
9 cooking functions for easy and fun cooking
Ideal for making donuts, rolls, and pretzels
The steam function
The rack might rust over time
The steam comes out from the front door
- The Cuisinart Oven might be a good choice if you’re looking for a countertop convection oven that can broil, roast, toast, and bake (fast).
- Since this oven uses steam, it shortens the cooking time by 40%. Moreover, the steam function ensures that you get delicious, wonderfully browned and moist meals – whether you want to steam veggies, rice, poultry or fish.
- There are 9 cooking functions that make cooking fun and easy, so you’ll definitely love using them. The icing on the cake is special settings that are ideal for making rolls, donuts, pretzels. These settings are especially handy if you enjoy making treats on a regular basis.
- However, the rack might rust over time, so you need to clean it carefully.
- Also, you shouldn’t approach the oven when the steam function is on since the steam will come out from the front door. This may result in burning your hand, so, be cautious.
Convenient stainless steel bar handle
Wide glass door
4 cooking options
Won’t take up a lot of space in your kitchen
3-year limited warranty
The drip tray is difficult to clean
Won’t turn off automatically
Doesn’t come with an interior light
- The Cuisinart TOB-195 is a good choice if you’re looking for a substitute for cooking in the kitchen. It’s versatile, practical, and comes with a 3-year limited warranty. Plus, it’s easy to use and is affordable.
- Four cooking options allow for versatile use, so you can make various types of foods, from baking to boiling. Since the controls are placed below the door, the oven is smaller and will take up less space.
- The convenient stainless steel bar handle won’t get too hot, so you don’t have to worry about burning your hand.
- The wide glass door are very handy because you can see what’s going on inside.
- However, you should keep in mind that the oven won’t turn off automatically, so you have to remember to do that yourself.
Let's Get Used To A Convection Oven
Well, that’s all from me guys. I hope that this article helped you find the best countertop convection oven for you.
Although I consider all of these products quality ones, I’d still say that Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ has all that a good convection oven should have. It provides fast and even cooking, is easy to use and is durable.
But, if you love making treats, Cuisinart Steam & Convection Oven might be the best option for you.
Moreover, if you’re looking for a less expensive convection oven, I think the Cuisinart TOB-195 will do the trick.
Well, how about get the best oven for you and try out new recipes? Let's me know what you think by leaving your comments bellow!