Best Electric Knife Sharpener Reviews: Keep Your Knives In Tip-Top Shape
Whether you are a novice or a pro, kinds of knives are important in the kitchen. They will allow you to perform basic tasks and will make sure of the best outcomes. For example, the best sushi knives have a part in the delicious dishes of sushi while to get ideal pieces of cheeses, you need to buy a suitable cheese slicer. It is important to pick the right knives, and more importantly, to keep them sharp through time. The latter will be possible with the help of an electric knife sharpener.
In the rest of this guide, we will have quick best electric knife sharpener reviews. We will also have a rundown of some of the most important factors to consider. We hope that this will help you to come up with the right decision.
Benefits Of Electric Knife Sharpener
When it comes to sharpening knives, there are some manual methods that are common, such as the use of whetstone or diamond stone. Electric knife sharpeners, however, can prove to be better in more ways than one. Below are some of its benefits:
- Speed: One of the best things about an electric sharpener is that it functions quickly. There is no need to wait for a long time before you can restore the sharpness of your knife set. This is perfect even for impatient people.
- User-friendly: Aside from speed, it is also hassle-free to use. There is no need to manually scratch the blade of a knife on a sharpening stone. You just have to secure its position and the sharpener will do its job. It will be almost effortless on your end.
- Safe: Electric knife sharpeners have an angle guide, which will allow the knife to be positioned optimally to avoid accidents. Most of them also have a rubber base, which will allow it to operate in a manner that is stable.
- Cheap: The initial cost will be high, but if you think of the long-term financial benefits, you will realize that it will be worth your money. There is no need to rely on professional sharpening services as you can do it even from the comfort of your own home.
- Effective: On the top of the benefits is the fact that it is highly-effective in restoring the sharpness of your knife. There is no need to replace your knife every now and then. With a little time and effort to spare, you can sharpen and bring it back to life in no time.
Below is a short video that shows you how to use an electric knife sharpener and enjoy the benefits that have been mentioned above:
Choosing The Best Electric Knife Sharpener
If you are finding it hard to narrow down the possibilities, the following are some of the most important factors you have to take into consideration:
- Ease of Use
A good starting point is to go online and look at what other people have to say. Fortunately, a lot of them are generous to share their experiences, which will make it easy for you to weigh the pros and cons of the different options.
You also need to think about the type of knives that can be sharpened. There are some that are good only for a serrated or straight-edged knife. A better choice is one that is versatile enough to sharpen different knives.
For sure, no one wants to deal with complications. With this, look for a product that is as user-friendly as possible. The manufacturer must also provide comprehensive instructions to make the most out of the knife sharpener.
You need to think about the space available in the kitchen to determine the right size of the knife sharpener. Also, you have to consider the knives that you will sharpen to choose the size the is appropriate for your needs.
This refers to the material that is used in the sharpener. Among others, diamond plate is the most popular and is also perhaps the best. Other common materials include titanium, tungsten carbide, and ceramic.
This will determine how long it will take before the knife is sharpened. In most cases, there will be three stages. Each stage will make the knife sharper until it is fully restored in its peak condition.
Electric knife sharpeners can be expensive. To be provided with the best value for money, make sure that it is built to withstand the test of time. It should be strong enough to demonstrate the best performance even with long-term use.
You also have to pay attention to the safety features that you can find in the knife sharpener. One of the most important is to have a secure and non-slip base. The knives must also be secured properly in the slots.
What if the knife sharpener becomes defective within a year or two? It will be good to choose one that comes with an extensive warranty coverage. This means that the manufacturer will offer free repair or replacement of defective parts, provided that you satisfy the terms and conditions specified.
Care And Maintenance For Electric Knife Sharpeners
To maintain its best condition even through the years, the following are some of the things that you have to keep in mind:
- Proper storage is one of the most important things that you need to do. When it is not used, make sure to keep it in the right place. Keep it away from heat and humidity.
- Regular cleaning is also a must. Do not immerse it in water since there are electric components. Follow the instructions from the manufacturer so that you will know how to take care of it the right way.
- Use only the knives that are compatible with the electric knife sharpener. For instance, if it is meant only for a straight-edged knife, do not sharpen a knife with a serrated blade.
Top Picks For The Best Electric Knife Sharpener
In this section, we will give you a glimpse of five of the products that can offer the best bang for the buck.
- Space-efficient design
- Heavy-duty motor
- Has adjustable speed
- Can be quite tricky to use
- A bit expensive
- If price is not an issue, this is one option that should be on the top of the list. It may be expensive, but the latter is only because it has a plethora of features that make it better than many other options within the competitive landscape.
- Among others, one of the noteworthy features is the adjustable sharpening angle. This makes it versatile as you can customize the angle depending on what is preferred. You can adjust it anywhere from 15 to 30 degrees.
- The high-quality abrasive belts are also impressive. The belts are produced by Ken Edition, a company that has built a reputation for their products. It is strong and long-lasting, which means that it will withstand the test of time.
- Lastly, it is also excellent in terms of versatility, simply because it can sharpen a wide array of knives, including scissors and other tools that require an ultra-sharp blade.
+ User-friendly design
+ Sharpens effectively
+ Has a flexible spring guide
– Can be difficult to sharpen small knives
– Expensive price
- The three-stage sharpening technology of this product is perhaps one of its greatest features. It has the triple bevel and EdgeSelect technology, which will allow you to sharpen different types of knives. It will be easy to restore the peak condition of the knife with the use of this electric sharpener.
- Another good thing about this electric sharpener is that it comes with a 15-degree angle, which is believed to be better than those with a 20-degree angle. This makes it easier to control the sharpener when it is used.
- It is also a good thing that it comes with a stropping disk, which will be helpful in providing incredible sharpening performance without taking too much material from the knife. This is one way by which it will help in extending the functional life of the knife.
- Lastly, it is also worth noting that the sharpener comes with a durable construction. It is made using premium materials, which will guarantee its long-term functionality, even with frequent use.
+ Provides you with complete control
+ Simple to use
+ Does not produce an annoying noise
– Can scratch knives
– Knives may not be as secured
- Equipped with 100% diamond abrasives, you expect nothing but the best sharpening performance from this product. It will be easy to bring your knives back into life. However, you also need to be careful as too much sharpening can leave scratches on the knife.
- This is also an excellent product because of the versatility that it offers. It is capable of sharpening both straight edge and serrated knives. Whether you have Santoku, pocket, or kitchen knives, among others, this will deliver an impressive job.
- To be assured of the best outcomes, there are three stages. It starts with sharpening the knife using a conical disk. This is followed by the use of hardened steel, and lastly, with a flexible abrasive disk system. In every stage, the knife gets sharper and when it reaches the third stage, your knife will function as good as new.
- Lastly, it is made using high-impact polymer. The material of choice is exceptional, providing you with the guarantee that even through the years, it will deliver an impressive sharpening performance.
+ Durable construction
+ Can be used with different knives
+ User-friendly design
– Minimal control
– High price
- Among others, one thing that we loved the most about this product is the ability to customize the bevel angle, depending on what is needed for the knives that you will sharpen. You can adjust it from 15 to 20 degrees.
- It also has flexible stropping and polishing disk, which is a patented technology. This is found not only in this model, but other products from the same brand. The latter will make sure that the edge will be ultra-polished, making the knife deliver unrivaled sharpness.
- While a lot may ignore it, one feature that is equally impressive is the non-slip base. It is made of rubber, which allows the unit to stay stable on the surface, regardless of how intense is the sharpening action. This is an excellent feature to make sure of safety in its use.
- Lastly, the manufacturer is offering the three-year limited warranty. This should be enough to provide you with peace of mind.
+ Sharpens knife quickly
+ Durable construction
+ Easy to use
– Can produce a noticeable noise
– Not space-efficient
- Similar to the models from Chef’s Choice that have been mentioned above, this product utilizes a three-stage sharpening system. It delivers two times the power of a conventional sharpener, providing you with the assurance that the best outcomes will be apparent in no time.
- The rugged construction of the knife sharpener is also a plus, guaranteeing its long-term functionality. Aside from this, you will also have peace of mind knowing that it has three years of limited warranty from the manufacturer.
- It also has a safe knife slot. This means that the knife will be positioned securely as it is sharpened. This eliminates safety issues.
In the short best electric knife sharpener reviews that have been noted above, it is evident that such a product can indeed be useful in more ways than one. You do not need to throw the knife once the blade becomes dull. Sharpening it should be easy with the use of the right product.
From the five models that have been mentioned above, what is the best? In my opinion, Work Sharp WSKTS-KO Knife and Tool Sharpener Ken Onion Edition stands out from the rest. It may be quite expensive, but such should not be a problem, especially given the fact that it has a heavy-duty motor that delivers results that exceed expectations.