Best Electric Wine Opener: The Highly-Rated Options In The Market
Opening a bottle of wine may seem like an easy task for some people, but for others, it is a struggle. It becomes difficult and challenging if you have to do it a lot of times, especially if you have limited hand strength. With this, it will be a good idea to invest in the best electric wine opener.
With an electric bottle opener, minimal effort will be required on your end, especially when it comes to removing the foil and screw. They are available in all shapes and sizes, but this should not be an excuse for you to choose just any product. Keep on reading the rest of this post and we’ll let you know how to pick and what to choose.
Benefits Of Electric Wine Openers
Do I need to invest in an electric wine opener? Won’t it just be a waste of money? Am I not good enough with my traditional winged corkscrew? If you have hesitations, here are some of the things that can change your mind:
- Open Bottles Quickly and Easily: Speed and convenience are perhaps two of the best things about using an electric wine bottle opener. All that you have to do is push a single button, and within a few seconds, your wine is ready to be enjoyed.
- Cork will Not Break: In the case of other types of wine bottle openers, there is a high risk that you will end up breaking the cork. Electric openers, on the other hand, will prevent the cork from being ruptured.
- Perfect for Aged People: If you are old, it is undeniable that you will have lesser strength. With this, an electric bottle opener offers the perfect solution. You can easily take off the corkscrew without the need to exert a lot of effort.
- Ideal for People with Disability: If you have a disability that prevents you from using traditional bottle openers, their electric counterparts will be a great alternative. This is also good for those with arthritis.
- Excellent Decorative Piece: Depending on the specific model that will be chosen, another good thing about electric wine openers is that they are aesthetically-pleasing. They will make an excellent décor to complement the design of your kitchen.
- Here is a short video that tells more about electric wine openers, as well as other types of openers that are available in the market:
Essential Factors To Consider
Given the fact that there are tons of electric wine openers in the market, making the right choice will not be an easy task. To help you out, below are some of the most important factors that you should consider:
- Feedbacks: One of the first things that you should do is to know the opinions of other people. You should read online reviews or ask around from past buyers. By doing this, you will easily differentiate the possibilities and determine how one product is better than others.
- Style: A great electric wine opener should be a good decorative piece as well. Some have a see-through design. There is a transparent housing that will allow you to see how the product works. There are also some available in bold colors for an edgy look. Others have sophisticated finish like silver or gray, perfect for a high-end appeal.
- Ease of Use: It is also important to choose one that is user-friendly. Most of the options have a single button, which will simplify its operations. This is especially an important concern for users with limited hand strength.
- Battery: Most of the electric wine openers are powered by a battery. A good choice is one that has rechargeable battery. Pay attention to how long the charge lasts or how many bottles it can open before it drains out.
- Size: Majority of the options will weigh anywhere from one to two pounds. They are compact enough even for small kitchens. The height will normally be 9 to 11 inches. Consider how big is your space before you choose a wine opener that is perfect for your needs.
- Materials: Plastic and stainless steel are two of the most popular materials that are used. If you are looking for a cheaper alternative, plastic might work for you. If you want durability, on the other hand, stainless steel is better.
Top Picks For The Best Electric Wine Opener
If you find it hard to decide which electric bottle opener is suited for your needs, below are five of the products that we believe will provide the best value for your money.
Simplicity is one of the biggest selling points of this model. If you are looking for a product that can offer straightforward operation, this is one you might want to consider. Once the bottle is positioned, you simply have to push a single button and the unit will work on its own.
More so, its speed is also exceptional. It will not take long before your wine is ready for drinking. The charging base is also convenient. If it is fully-charged, you can open up to 30 bottles.
One thing that I personally loved is how it is already inclusive of a foil cutter, which can make your life a lot easier. It has an ergonomic grip, which will make it easy to get rid of foil. Once it has been taken down, you are now ready to take out the cork.
If you want one that is compact, this can also be an excellent choice. It has a sleek body, making it an excellent product for a small kitchen. Despite its size, however, it is able to accommodate and open most sizes of wine bottles.
- Lightweight and compact
- Works fast
- Charging takes a while
- Cork can get stuck
This is one product that I can recommend if you are looking for an option that has high capacity. With a single charge, it will be able to open up to 60 bottles. This means that the battery is more powerful compared to the product mentioned above.
The European-inspired design is probably one of the first things that will captivate your attention. It comes with a curved and sleek body, which will add personality to the kitchen. It is also well-balanced, allowing it to stand on its own.
Still in terms of its design, you might also love the presence of a transparent shell. This means that you can see how it works. Seeing the opening in action adds up to its visual appeal. Plus, the soft blue light makes it look even more beautiful.
Looking for value for money? You might want to consider this product as well. Aside from the bottle opener, the package also includes a wine pourer and foil cutter.
- Delivers multiple functions
- High capacity per charge
- Can be a bit loud
- Looks flimsy
This is one option that you might love if you are looking for convenience. It comes with a cordless design, which also means that you can enjoy its portability. You can use it almost anywhere, although such can be quite difficult as it is not as compact as most of its competitors.
The speed that you can expect from this product is pretty much the same as the average in the marketplace. It can open up to 30 bottles in a single charge of its battery. It will take only a few seconds or each bottle to be opened.
More so, there is also a foil cutter that is included. This will make it effortless to take out the seal from the lid of the bottle.
If you are looking for an elegant addition to your kitchen, this might also do the trick. The blue LED light adds a hint of mood and sophistication.
- Attractive design
- Comes with a foil cutter
- Uses a lot of space
- A bit expensive
This is another cordless electric wine bottle opener that you might want to take into consideration. With the latter, you can enjoy utmost convenience as you can use it even far away from a plug or source of power. Just make sure that the base is charged.
When the base is fully-charged, you can open up to 30 bottles before there is a need to have it recharged. It will take only a few seconds before each bottle can be opened, and most importantly, not a lot of effort will be required on your end.
One of the things that I loved about this product is that it works, regardless if the cork is natural or synthetic. This means that you can expect the same optimal outcome, regardless of the construction of the cork.
Lastly, the addition of a foil cutter is also a good thing. You do not have to remove the foil manually. Doing it will surely be an easier task.
- Affordable price
- Cordless operation
- Brushed finish
- No indicator light
- Not for bottles with odd shapes and sizes
If budget is an important concern for you, this can prove to be an excellent choice. It is one of the most affordable from the product category, yet you can be confident that its functionality is not compromised.
The sculptural design is one thing that you might find impressive about this product. This makes it a stylish addition to the kitchen. When not used, there is no need to hide it in the cabinet as it will also make an excellent décor.
With the battery-driven corkscrew in this product, you can expect that it will be powerful. You do not need to have the luxury of time when opening a bottle. Most importantly, you can be guaranteed that the cork will not end up broken.
- Affordable price
- Elegant design
- Durable construction
- A bit tall
- Difficult to use
If you love wine, you need to invest in an electric bottle opener. It can be beneficial in more ways than one, making it effortless to take out the cork and be sure that it won’t break. Keep in mind, however, that not all of the options are the same. To find the best electric wine opener, do you research and learn from the experiences of other users.
From the five products mentioned above, if there is one that I can personally recommend, it would be Oster Cordless Electric Wine Bottle Opener with Foil Cutter, FFP. From form to function, this can provide the best value for the money. It is lightweight and powerful, allowing it to deliver performance that is hard to match. It is also stylish, which makes it a great decorative piece in the kitchen or in any room where it is placed.