Best Home Deep Fryer Reviews: Picking the Right Electric Fryer
Frying is one culinary task that many people dread. Thus, many people choose oil less fryer or power air fryer as a supportive tool. Meanwhile, others opt for deep fryer. It produces splatters of hot oil. It can also be challenging to make sure that the right level of heat is reached. The good thing is that an electric deep fryer will make the task easier in more ways than one. This makes it an excellent appliance to have in the kitchen.
Are you looking for best home deep fryer reviews? If you are clueless about which product to choose, we got you covered. Keep on reading and we’ll let you know how to choose the right fryer, as well as the top picks that are available in the market. We hope that this will make it easier for you to come up with the right decision.
Uses Of Deep Fryers
There are many ways to use deep fryers. The sky is the limit when it comes to the fried foods that you can prepare. In some cases, the manufacturer will even provide a recipe book to give you a comprehensive guide on how to use it.
Among others, the most popular is perhaps for frying chicken that has a crispy skin on the outside and juicy meat inside. Other meats that you can fry include chicken, turkey, and pork. For vegetables, you can fry green beans, zucchini, onion, and potatoes. It is also perfect for donuts and churros, as well as cheese sticks.
Below is a short video that shows how to make the perfect fried chicken using a deep fryer:
Types Of Deep Fryer
Before anything else, let us first briefly discuss three of the different types that are available in the market.
- Electric Deep Fryer: This is the most common type that is available in the market. The products mentioned in this post fall under this category. They are safe, space-efficient, and affordable. The options will be endless as there are lots of brands and models that are available.
- Propane Deep Fryer: It works pretty much like the earlier mentioned, with the only difference being the fact that it is powered by propane and not electricity. It results in crispier and juicier fried food.
- Air Fryer: This is the latest when it comes to deep frying. The main advantage of this is that it does not use oil, or if it does, just a small amount is required. However, there are some people who argue that it does not fit the definition of deep frying if it means frying in deep oil.
Essential Factors To Consider
Aside from reading best home deep fryer reviews to narrow down the possibilities, the following are other things you might want to take into account. By evaluating these factors, it will be easier for you to make a well-informed choice.
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Ease of Use
- Temperature Adjustments
How much can the fryer handle at a given time? Are there two baskets that will allow you to fry two foods at a time? If you are looking for one that is good for personal use, a unit with 3-cup capacity will be enough. In some instances, capacity is expressed based on the amount of oil it can handle.
It is not only the size of the interior that matters. It is also important to choose a deep fryer that comes with a nonstick interior. This means that it will be easier to clean since whatever you fry will not stick on the surface.
You should also take the time to look at how easy it is to clean the deep fryer. It will be good if it comes with dishwasher-safe parts. It will also be good if there is an oil compartment that is effortless to drain.
Choose a deep fryer that comes with user-friendly features. See to it that the controls are strategically positioned, which will make it easy to do the necessary adjustments. The handles should also have an ergonomic design. The manufacturer must provide comprehensive instructions about its use.
It will be good if you have complete control of the deep fryer, especially when it comes to temperature. There should be an option to adjust the level of heat depending on what is required by a specific recipe.
To give you peace of mind, you should also pay attention to the safety features that are integrated into the product. One of the most important is automatic shutoff feature, which will prevent overheating, and hence, it will not be a risk of fire.
As much as possible, choose a product that comes with a longer warranty. This means that within such period, if a defect or problem is experienced, you can return the fryer. The manufacturer will repair it for free, covering both parts and labor.
Set a budget beforehand, but keep in mind that quality should be more important than cost. At the end of the day, you should consider it as an investment. Therefore, do not be hesitant to spend more if this is tantamount to enjoying better quality.
Top Picks For The Best Home Deep Fryer Reviews
In this section, we will give you a quick look at some of the best products that are available in the market, as well as the notable features that give them a distinction above many others within the competition.
Heat indicator can be brighter
No replacement parts
- Among others, one of the most impressive features of this product is its 1,700 watts of power. This makes it effortlessly tackle a wide array of frying tasks. You do not need to wait for a long time before the desired level of heat is achieved. Plus, it is also a good thing that it can hold up to 3.65 liters of oil.
- When it comes to cleaning, you do not have a thing to worry about. There is a dedicated knob, which, when activated, will clean the oil from the unit in just one step.
- The high-quality heating element is also worth pointing out. The latter allows it to maintain the temperature that you set, which is excellent in terms of consistent distribution of heat to whatever is being cooked.
- Lastly, it comes with EZ Clean Oil Filtration System, an exclusive technology that gives it an edge above others. With this, the unit is able to filter the oil and save it to be used in the future. This makes it a money-saver in the long run.
Comes with an adjustable thermostat
Has a timer
Handle stays cool to the touch
Can consume a lot of space
A bit tricky to use
- With this deep fryer, you will always be in control. It has an adjustable thermostat, which will make it easy to set the temperature as desired, which also means that you can experiment with various recipes. You can choose the temperature by just turning the knob.
- The viewing window on the top of the unit, which is incorporated as a part of the lid, is also a plus. This makes it easy to monitor the progress of cooking.
- It is also a good thing that it comes with a countdown timer, which you can set up to 60 minutes. Set the time, leave the fryer, and it will automatically turn off once the time set has elapsed.
- Cleaning the unit does not need to be a hard task. You might also like the fact that it comes with dishwasher- safe parts, making it easy to maintain the unit in its peak condition.
- Lastly, it comes with 3-liter oil capacity. The frying area itself is also huge. It comes with a stainless steel basket, which is exceptional in terms of durability.
Handle stays cool to the touch
High-quality steel mesh basket
Short power cord
No filter in the lid
- Made by one of the most trusted brands in the market, this is another excellent option for an electric deep fryer. With a 4-quart capacity, it can handle more within one batch of cooking. It can hold up to 2.3 pounds of food.
- The generous oil capacity is also a plus. It can hold up to one gallon of oil. The well-designed sprout is also an excellent feature, making it easy to pour oil.
- To add, it is also a good thing that it comes with a 1,800-watt heating element. This means that it will heat up quicker than other fryers with lower wattage. There is no need to wait for a long time before your food is ready for consumption.
- You will enjoy the versatility of this electric fryer as you can use it in more ways than one. From fried chicken to donuts, you can explore with different recipes using this product.
Cleaning is effortless
May fail to keep consistent temperature
- With the 3-pound capacity of this product, you will enjoy generous capacity since you can cook food that is good for the entire family. Despite this, it has a sleek body, which makes it consume minimal space in the kitchen.
- Another thing that makes this impressive is the Dual Zone Technology. At the bottom of the fryer, there is a cooling zone, which prevents burning of fallen food. To add, this is also impressive in reducing the likelihood that the unit will have a foul odor in the long run.
- Lastly, it also has easy clean oil draining system, a patented technology that can give you another compelling reason to choose this above its competitors. All that you have to do is pull the hose that you can find in front of the fryer and this will automatically dispense the excess oil.
Powerful heating mechanism
Comes with dual frying basket
Generous oil capacity
Can consume a lot of space
Does not have a dedicated on/off switch
- One of the things that you might love about this product is the 1,700 watts of heating element. This means that frying will be a lot easier. You do not have to wait for a long time before you are done. Also, because there are two baskets, you will cook more at a time. Plus, you can fry two different foods.
- The design of the oil tank is also exceptional. It has a capacity of 4.2 liters, which is generous compared to many others within the competition. It is also removable for easy cleaning. Plus, there are odor filters.
- You will have complete control in the use of this deep fryer. One thing that makes this possible is the adjustable temperature. You have the option to set the heat anywhere from 250 to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lastly, you also have the option to use the timer, allowing you to set it to fry for 60 minutes. After the time has elapsed, it will automatically turn off on its own and there is a light indicator to let you know that your food is ready.
From the short best home deep fryer reviews that we have briefly tackled above, we hope that it is now easier for you to make the right decision. At the end of the day, it should not just be about price or aesthetics. Quality and functionality are the top factors that you should consider. Also, take note of the technical specifications and the safety features.
What is the best from the five products we have reviewed? Personally, I would suggest choosing T-fal FR8000 Oil Filtration Ultimate EZ Clean Deep Fryer. It has precise temperature control and comes with a user-friendly interface. It is a revolution in frying, which will make it easier to prepare different fried dishes.