The Best Japanese Rice Cooker For A Perfect Lunch!
For me, rice isn’t just an ordinary food – it’s a way of life. Whether you combine it with veggies, meat, or pasta, rice will turn your meal into the most delicious one. Plus, it will add healthy benefits to it.
For all of you rice lovers out there, this article might be just what you need. Why go to a restaurant in order to eat delicious rice, when you can simply buy a good rice cooker for you? Not only will this save you time but it also will spare you from making common cooking errors.
If you want to have a nutritious meal and to make your meals quickly and without hassle, I suggest going through this article. Here, you’ll read about the best Japanese rice cookers, and when you’re done, you can decide for yourself. Now, let’s find a good one for you, shall we?
Why would I want to own a Japanese rice cooker?
In case you’re still asking yourself ‘Why, the heck, would I want to spend the money on a rice cooker when I just can spend that money on something else like a quality espresso maker?”, you just have to read this part. So, let’s talk about what are the advantages of having a Japanese rice cooker in your kitchen.
It will cook rice flawlessly every time
If you’re like most of the people, you probably cook rice on the stove top, and that, guys, can’t have a happy end, unless you are a chef. But, in that case, you would buy a premium rice cooker. So, no, cooking rice on your stove top just won’t work and here is why. Either you will burn rice or rice will be dry. Either way, you can throw it away.
This is where the best Japanese rice cooker comes in. It will cook rice perfectly over, and over, and over again. It just won’t make mistakes like we all would. So, forget about those days when you wasted your time, money, and rice.
Another great thing about a rice cooker is that it’s multifunctional. Although they are called RICE cooker, they actually aren’t designed only to cook rice. In fact, you can make a wide variety of food from steamed veggies to cakes.
It’s easy to use
Do you happen to be one of those people who burn every lunch and dinner? Well, a rice cooker might be a solution to your “problem”. From now on, even you can make a flavorful dish.
I know, you are a little bit of skeptic, but rice cookers are so easy to use that even someone who doesn’t have any cooking skills could do it. I mean, how hard placing rice in the cooker and adding a proper amount of water can be?
Thanks to its settings and functions, the rice cooker will do the work for you. You won’t have any difficulties with cooking rice, steaming veggies, and even baking a cake (or a cake would be too ambitious for you?). Moreover, most of the rice cookers have measuring cups and tools on hand so this makes cooking even easier.
Do you live on your own? Or perhaps you have a big family? Do you need a more of professional rice cooker or a decent rice cooker would be just fine?
You don’t have to worry about finding the best Japanese rice cooker for you since they are available in different sizes and their prices vary from low to high ones.
It will keep rice warm
Is there anything worse than cold rice? No, there isn’t. Thanks to the rice cooker, you’ll never again have to eat cold rice. Doesn’t that sound like a dream come true? Many rice cookers on the market have settings that will help keep rice warm for longer.
This is especially convenient if you wait for your kids to come back from school and want to mix rice and veggies so that they have a warm, healthy meal.
Oh, did I mention that you could also reheat food in the rice cooker? From now on, you don’t have to bother with microwaving leftovers. Instead, you can put them in the cooker and voila – your meal is ready.
Here’s one more benefit of the rice cooker. Not only will it cook rice perfectly but it will also do that quickly. Whether you’re in a rush and want to make your meal rapidly, or you’ve suddenly decided that you want to eat yummy dessert, the rice cooker will cook your food quickly.
The Best Japanese Rice Cooker Reviews
Now that you are familiar with the benefits of the rice cooker, it’s time to find the one that will best suit you. As far as quality is concerned, Japanese rice cookers are unrivaled.
Particularly, I’m going to talk about Zojirushi – the brand that brings quality products, from bread makers to thermal carafes, to rice cookers.
Here is the list of the products that are good value for the price. Of course, each one has its advantages and disadvantages, yet, whichever one you opt for, you will surely be happy with the purchase.
+ Numerous cooking functions
+ Stainless steel
+ Detachable inner lid
+ Accurate cooking temperatures
– Cleaning takes time
- The Induction Heating Pressure Rice Cooker is fast, reliable, and turns every type of rice into a delicious meal (without you having to worry about that). It is made of stainless steel and comes with premium induction heating technology, detachable inner lid, numerous cooking functions, and LCD control panel with clock and delay timer.
- Induction heating technology allows for more accurate cooking temperatures because it works in such a way that the entire cooking pan is a heat conductor.
- As far as the inner cooking pan is concerned, it is sturdy and is non-stick. Meaning that you will not have to worry about rice sticking to the bottom. Infused with platinum particles, the pan allows rice to drain more water, making it more flavorful.
- In case you prefer harder rice, Steam-reduce setting will make sure that you get exactly that because it reduces steam to 50%.
- Numerous cooking functions (such as mixed rice, sushi rice, and porridge) make cooking easy and fast.
- However, cleaning might be a slight concern. It will take a lot of time and you’ll have to be patient since the process is a tad complicated.
+ Makes different kinds of rice
+ Even cooking
+ Won’t take up a lot of space
+ Stainless steel
– Its capacity is enough for a restricted number of people
– The pan’s nonstick coating is very delicate
- The NS-LAC05XT is affordable, stylish, sturdy, and has multiple functions. This rice cooker and warmer includes a nonstick spatula, spatula holder as well as measuring cup. Made of stainless steel, this rice cooker is both sturdy and lightweight. Plus, it won’t take up a lot of counter space.
- Digital controls and an LCD display will let you know what’s going on with your food so that you will know when your meal is ready.
- Multiple menu settings (brown, white, sushi, as well as quick-cooking) come in handy when you want to make all kinds of rice. However, a 3-cup capacity is enough for only a small number of people, so if you have a big family this cooker might not be a good option for you.
- Thanks to the inner cooking pan that comes with measuring lines, you’ll be able to weigh the ingredients easily. Moreover, the pan distributes heat over the entire surface, providing even cooking. However, the pan features a non-stick coating thus it’s delicate so you have to be careful when it comes to cleaning.
+ Eye-catching design
+ Holds up to 5.5 cups of rice
+ Easy to use
+ Comes with a 1-year warranty
– Cooks rice longer
– Inner pen is sensitive
- With a spacious pot, multiple menu settings, and Neuro Fuzzy technology, the NS-ZCC10 might be just the thing you need if you have a big family. Furthermore, it features stainless steel body, a powerful 680-watt motor and comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Although this rice cooker has an eye-catching design, the looks are not all that is important, right? What makes this model stands out is Neuro Fuzzy Technology that makes it computerized. Meaning, you don’t have to worry about the temperature and cooking time, because the rice cooker will do all the thinking.
- Moreover, it’s easy to use. However, compared to other rice cookers on the market, this one will cook rice a bit longer.
- Since the cooker is capable of holding 5.5 cups of rice, it means that 10 people could enjoy your delicious meal at the same time.
- The inner pan features handle that allows for safe and easy removal of the pan. However, you should hand wash the pan, because is delicate.
+ The exterior is easy to clean
+ Rice stay fresh for a couple of days
+ Healthy cooking options
– Cannot reheat food
– Cooks rice for about an hour
- The NP-HCC10XH is quality, durable, and comes with useful instructions. Moreover, it features a clear coating on the exterior, washable stainless steel inner lid, and multi-menu cooking options.
- The triple heater enables even heating, which means that rice will be cooked perfectly (it will not be neither too mushy, nor too hard). Thanks to this feature, you can hold rice in the cooker for a couple of days, knowing that it will stay fresh.
- This cooker has healthy cooking options such as brown rice, germinated brown rice, and GABA brown rice. Each one offers enhanced taste and better texture. However, there is no possibility to reheat your food and you will have to wait for rice to cook for one hour, which is too long for some people.
- Since the exterior features a clear coating, you will not have to clean the exterior very often, because it will stay clean for longer.
+ Automatic keep warm and reheating cycle
+ 2 delay time settings
+ Retractable power cord
+ Cake setting
– The pot interior tends to scratch easily
– The lid cannot open fully
- The NS-TSC10 features computerized Fuzzy Logic Technology, built-in retractable cord, delay timer, and various menu settings.
- Since the cooker features automatic keep warm and reheating cycle, you can cook a large amount of rice for later. This comes in handy if you are in a rush and do not have time to wait for rice to cook.
- Moreover, it has 1-liter space that is enough for 5.5 cups of rice. Meaning, you can make dinner for 10-12 people without worrying if there will be enough rice for all. After nice dinner, you can surprise your guests with a cake, because the rice cooker also has a cake setting.
- A built-in retractable cord is useful when you do not use the cooker.
- However, the cooking pot comes with a Teflon coating, making it sensitive and easy to scratch. Plus, a lid cannot be fully opened, which makes getting the pot out a bit tricky.
Which Is Best?
As an avid rice lover, I just have to have the best Japanese rice cooker in my home.
Although all of these products are good options, I would say that Zojirushi Induction Heating Pressure Rice Cooker is the best of the bests.
If you want to use the rice cooker a lot, the Induction Heating Pressure rice cooker might be just what you need.
On the other hand, if you love to make dinner for your family and friends, then NS-TSC10 Rice Cooker or NS-ZCC10 5-1/2-Cup Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker and Warmer might be better options for you.
So, what are you waiting for? Hurry up, find the best Japanese rice cooker for your kitchen, and get the most out of your meals.