Best Kitchen Sinks Reviews: 2017 Top Picks And Buying Guide
No kitchen is complete without a sink. It allows you to do basic cleaning tasks, while also adding a hint of style. They are made from different materials and available in different types. You will most probably be overwhelmed with the abundance of choices available, but this should not give you a reason to decide in haste.
If you are clueless on which one can offer the best bang for the buck, read this post and learn from the valuable insights that we will be sharing. We will have short best kitchen sinks reviews to help you narrow down the possibilities, and in the end, make the right decision.
Types Of Kitchen Sink
Unsure about what type is best suited for your kitchen? The following are some of the options that you will be confronted with:
- Top Mount: Also known as a drop-in sink, simplicity in design and installation is one of the many reasons why this is preferred by many people. Once you already have a pre-cut opening in the counter, you just have to drop the sink and the installation is complete.
- Undermount: This type of sink does not have an exposed ring or lip. It is excellent if you want to achieve a clean and sleek look in the kitchen. One of its biggest drawbacks, however, is that its installation will require more effort on your end.
- Farmhouse: The distinct feature of this sink is that it has a forward-facing section. The latter is the one that is exposed instead of being concealed in a cabinet or counter. It is also known as the apron sink.
Essential Factors To Consider
When looking for the best kitchen sink that is available in the market, the following are some of the most important things that should be taken into account:
On top of the list is the material that is used in the sink, which will have a high influence on its aesthetics and durability. The following are some of the most common materials:
- Stainless Steel: This is an excellent choice for people who are looking for versatility and durability. Nonetheless, you have to keep in mind that it is easily prone to scratches.
- Cast Iron: Many of the old kitchen sinks are made from cast iron. It has an enamel finish that adds toughness to the sink and also provides a protective barrier against scratches.
- Composite: They are made using a combination of materials. Many of them can resist external damages, such as scratches. The most common are made from quartz and granite.
- Fireclay: This sink is made using a combination of clay and minerals. It is known for its durability, especially because it can withstand extremely high temperatures. However, it can be prone to cracks, such as with too much vibration from the garbage disposal.
- Ceramic: This is a material that is silky to the touch. One of its best assets is that it is pretty much easy to clean. More often than not, you just have to wipe the surface to get rid of dirt.
Think about the space that is available in the kitchen so that you will easily determine what size is right for your needs. A double-bowl design is a good choice if you need more space. There is a dedicated space for soaking the dishes. However, this will require bigger space in the counter.
When thinking about the size of the sink, the depth should not be ignored as well. Most sinks have a depth that ranges from 6 to 12 inches. A deeper sink would mean that you will be able to wash more dishes or pots and pans at a time.
This is an important consideration if you want to have peace of mind. It is a good idea to choose a product that comes with a lifetime warranty, which means that the manufacturer stands by the quality of their product.
Think about the number of pre-drilled holes depending on how many faucets do you plan to install. Most models will be compatible with a single or double faucet. Also, think about how big is the hole for the drainage.
Most kitchen sinks can be installed on your own. See to it that the manufacturer provides a comprehensive manual for its assembly. Also, it should be packaged with everything that you will need, such as the mounting hardware.
Tips For Cleaning And Maintaining Kitchen Sinks
To keep the sink in its best condition, the following are some of the most important factors you have to note:
- One of the things that you should do is to pour hot tap water into the drain. This is a good way to eliminate foul odor and will also soften the debris. It is a great way to prevent clogging.
- If the sink is made from stainless steel, flour is one of the natural ways to provide it with a polished look. Sprinkle flour on the top of the sink after cleaning. Simply scrub it off the surface.
- You should also avoid using sponges with rough surfaces for stainless steel as it can lead to scratches. In the same way, avoid commercial cleaners with ammonia and bleach.
- As a measure to protect the sink from scratches and external damages, you might want to use a perforated mat on the surface of the sink.
- For stains that may be too tough to remove, lemon juice can offer a natural solution. Using baking soda can also be helpful.
- For rusting, WD-40 will prove to be a handy solution. Simply spray it on the rust and wipe using a clean cloth. Follow it up by rinsing. This solution works only if there are small spots of rust.
The short video below will provide you with more insights on how to properly clean a kitchen sink:
Top Picks For The Best Kitchen Sinks
In this section, we will have a quick look at five of the kitchen sinks that you might want to take into consideration, as well as some of their most notable features.
[gtfa type=”thumbs-o-up” title=”Pros” color=”#66ad7c”] Excellent price to quality ratio
[gtfa type=”thumbs-o-up” title=”Pros” color=”#66ad7c”] Reasonable price
[gtfa type=”thumbs-o-up” title=”Pros” color=”#66ad7c”] Has a beautiful finish
[gtfa type=”thumbs-o-down” color=”#dd3333″] Hard to install
[gtfa type=”thumbs-o-down” color=”#dd3333″] Faucet stem can be quite loose
- Among others, the premium construction of this kitchen sink is one thing that gives it an advantage above others. It is made from high-quality stainless steel. Even through the years, you can expect the sink to look good.
- The brushed nickel finish is also a plus, especially because it is excellent in terms of aesthetics. The latter is excellent not only with the way it looks but also because it will make it long-lasting.
- With this kitchen sink, there will never be a shortage of space. Another thing that you might find to be impressive in this product is its size. It is a double bowl sink with a combined space of 32 inches. One thing that makes it even better is the inclusion of a stainless steel drying rack.
- It is also worth noting that it is an extra-deep sink. With the design of the basin, it will be able to keep even large pots and pans.
[gtfa type=”thumbs-o-up” title=”Pros” color=”#66ad7c”] Heavy-duty construction
[gtfa type=”thumbs-o-up” title=”Pros” color=”#66ad7c”] Excellent depth
[gtfa type=”thumbs-o-up” title=”Pros” color=”#66ad7c”] Has a stunning look
[gtfa type=”thumbs-o-down” color=”#dd3333″] Can show rust spots
[gtfa type=”thumbs-o-down” color=”#dd3333″] Easily prone to scratches
- The 16G body of this tank, as the manufacturer claims, is one of its best assets. It uses 25% more steel compared to other sinks that are available in the market. It is built to last, but the problem is that it can easily show signs of rust and can be scratched. Regular cleaning is important to prevent rusting.
- In some sinks, noise is a common problem. Fortunately, such will never be an issue with the use of this product. It is quiet.
- Value for money – this is one more thing that might convince you to have it chosen above other options that are available in the market. Aside from the sink, it comes complete with the accessories that you will need for its installation, including a detailed manual. It also has an absorbent towel, basket strainer, and sponge holder.
- Lastly, this is also a top choice if you want to have peace of mind. The manufacturer is offering limited lifetime warranty in case it shows problems in workmanship.
[gtfa type=”thumbs-o-up” title=”Pros” color=”#66ad7c”] Basin is deep
[gtfa type=”thumbs-o-up” title=”Pros” color=”#66ad7c”] Easy to clean
[gtfa type=”thumbs-o-up” title=”Pros” color=”#66ad7c”] Easy to install
[gtfa type=”thumbs-o-down” color=”#dd3333″] Can be easily prone to staining
[gtfa type=”thumbs-o-down” color=”#dd3333″] Not durable
- This sink is made from 304-grade stainless steel, which the manufacturer claims to be durable. However, if you look at the experiences of other people, you will notice that some of them are having negative feedbacks about its durability. To be sure, pay attention to proper care and maintenance.
- It has a satin finish, which gives it a luxurious feel. This will make the kitchen look more beautiful. To add, it is also a good thing that the edges are round, which makes cleaning a snap to accomplish.
- The undercoating and sound guard padding are also worth highlighting. This minimizes the noise when you are washing the dishes.
- You might also love how it is deep enough to accommodate even larger pans and pots.
[gtfa type=”thumbs-o-up” title=”Pros” color=”#66ad7c”] Deep despite being small
[gtfa type=”thumbs-o-up” title=”Pros” color=”#66ad7c”] Excellent in terms of aesthetics
[gtfa type=”thumbs-o-up” title=”Pros” color=”#66ad7c”] Has excellent grates
[gtfa type=”thumbs-o-down” color=”#dd3333″] Can be annoying to clean
[gtfa type=”thumbs-o-down” color=”#dd3333″] Can be easily scratched
- Versatility is one of the many things that you might love in this product. It is constructed with a flexible design, allowing under-mount or flush-mount installation. Regardless of which way you decide to go, you can be confident that it will be a great sink.
- This sink comes with zero radius. There are sharp corners, which give it a sleeker and more contemporary look.
- Lastly, Ruvati is offering a limited lifetime warranty, which can provide you with an assurance of the quality that it can deliver. If there are problems in workmanship that will be evident throughout its use, get in touch with the manufacturer and expect reliable support from them.
[gtfa type=”thumbs-o-up” title=”Pros” color=”#66ad7c”] Easy to wipe
[gtfa type=”thumbs-o-up” title=”Pros” color=”#66ad7c”] Good depth
[gtfa type=”thumbs-o-up” title=”Pros” color=”#66ad7c”] Effortless to install
[gtfa type=”thumbs-o-down” color=”#dd3333″] Drain baskets can be too big
[gtfa type=”thumbs-o-down” color=”#dd3333″] Can be easily prone to wear and tear
- If space is not an issue, this will make an excellent choice for the best kitchen sink. It is quite large because there are two bowls. This is perfect for busy kitchens or if you often wash a lot of dishes. It has a total width of 32.25 inches, which makes it spacious.
- The sound guard padding is one of the many features that you might love in this product, which is guaranteed to minimize the noise that is made.
- To make it offer the best value for money, the manufacturer includes almost everything that you need to complete its installation, including comprehensive instructions on how to assemble the sink.
- Lastly, if you still have doubts, one thing that can eliminate this is the fact that the manufacturer is offering a limited lifetime warranty, which is reflective of how confident they are in the quality of the product.
From the best kitchen sinks reviews that have been mentioned above, we hope that making the right choice is now an easier task for you. Before deciding which one is worth your money, be sure to take into account a variety of factors, such as durability, aesthetics, ease of cleaning, and compatibility with your plumbing system, among other considerations.
If I have to recommend only one product, it would be Comllen Commercial 32-inch Brushed Nickel Kitchen Sink. The latter comes with an affordable price and an excellent finish. It will improve not only the functionality of the kitchen but its aesthetics as well.