Improve Your Cooking In A Second With The Best Over The Range Microwave
So, you’ve finally decided to make your life a lot easier and purchase the best over the range microwave? But, when you went to the store you were overwhelmed with all those models out there. Well, your search for that perfect microwave ends here, so keep reading.
Over-the-range microwaves are ideal if you appreciate functionality and practicality. Moreover, these are great if your kitchen is too small so you want to save some space.
Just to mention, in those days when you want to cook in an old-fashioned way, you have to have the right cookware, so this article might help you.
Without further ado, we bring you a little guide and our top picks to help you in choosing a good over the range microwave for you.
Things To Consider Before Buying An Ideal Over-the-range Microwave
Over-the-range microwaves are so much better than simple microwaves because they have additional features such as sensor-cooking options and many others that make cooking fast and simple. Buying this type of microwave means you’ll have two appliances: a microwave and a handy ventilation hood.
Not only will this kind of microwave save your kitchen space but it’ll also cook, melt, defrost, and pop your favorite food. No more slaving in the kitchen for a whole day, just so that you can prepare a decent meal for your family. It’s time to take the advantage of this modern era and buy your ideal over-the-range microwave.
So, Are You Ready To Find Out What To Look For When Choosing The Best Model For You And Your Kitchen?
First and foremost, you need to know how much money do you want to spend on the microwave. These models have a price range from $200 to $1000, and obviously, those that are a bit pricier have some additional features.
Of course, you don’t have to spend a fortune if you want to have a good over-the-range microwave. So, decide how much money you want to invest, and move on to the features that you want your microwave to have.
What Do They Have?
It just seems that today, in our busy world, you don’t have time to cooks something tasty and healthy. Well, why not try a microwave? Just put in anything and everything you want, and enjoy your meal.
Can I Burn My Lunch?
Since most of them come with the sensor, the sensor will let you know whether or not your lunch is cooked properly. Meaning, it alone will adjust the temperature to give you a mouth-watering, and perfectly moisture meal.
You will definitely be thrilled with the fact that you don’t have to check your meal every two minutes like you would do in a traditional way of cooking.
Can They Bake, Roast and Broil?
If you are a fan of baking, broiling, and roasting, some of the newer over-the-range models do that as well. So, look for a microwave with those cooking features to make the most out of your meals.
Convenient Or Not?
If you have lika really big family, your microwave should offer kind interior capacity. That way, you’ll be able to effectively reheat leftovers for your family and not lose too much time on that.
What About Safety Controls?
In case you have kids, you definitely need a microwave that could lock the controls. That means you’ll finally be able to do other chores around the house, (while lunch is cooking in the microwave) and not worry about your kids’ safety.
I Don’t Want To Bother With Complicated Buttons
Some models have special buttons that allow for ease of use, meaning they offer multifunction cooking options with easily programmable changes so that you can start with just one touch.
Don’t You Just Love That Perfect Airflow?
Of course, pricier models offer quality vent functions, along with other amazing microwave features. A good vent means that its airflow capacity is strong, about 400 cubic feet a minute. It also should offer multiple fans speed if you don’t want to get distracted by too much noise.
Is Your Microwave A Real Beauty?
In case you actually don’t care about your kitchen interior, you don’t have to bother with finding a microwave that will be a stylish addition to it. However, if you do care about your kitchen interior, you’ll need a microwave that will complement it.
No doubt that with a stylish and fancy microwave, the overall look of your kitchen will just be spectacular, and actually be a part of the 21st century. Also, check the video bellow to know how to install your very first over-the-range microwave oven.
With Or Without A Warranty
If for any reason, your microwave shows any sign of trouble, or you aren’t sure about how to use some features, you can always turn to the original maker and ask him for information.
Moreover, your microwave should come with a warranty, to ensure your investment. You certainly don’t want to buy another model after a couple of months, just because the previous one didn’t come with a warranty, do you?
One of the things that will certainly contribute to the safety and a longevity of your microwave is what you should and shouldn’t microwave, so check this link out.
So, now that we gave you something to think about, take your time and decide what your over-the-range microwave should have. Buying the one that best suits your needs is necessary since here we’re talking about making delicious meals for you and your family. Obviously, you need to have a quality microwave that will do the job successfully.
But, instead of letting you search for the best over the range microwave for days, we decided to help you out and list our top picks for you. Let’s see what they have to offer.
Best Over the Range Microwave Reviews
+ Available in black and white
+ Has the largest turntable
+ Easy to install
+ Horizontal, vertical and recirculating venting options
+ Precise programming
+ Easily understandable directions
– Fan is too loud, only one setting
– Filter does not come with the exhaust fan
- Our top pick comes from well-known Sharp. It creates functional and quality microwaves, so this model is efficient, powerful, and easy-to-use. Now, let’s see what makes this particular model stand out.
- First, this is one powerful model with 950 watts. With 10 different power levels, you will easily make a perfect meal for a whole family. What also contributes to making your meals quickly is precise programming that allows for quick adjustment of cooking programs.
- Second, this microwave has the largest turntable in this class. Meaning, this might be a perfect choice if you have a big family, or simply love inviting friends over.
- Thanks to the handy turntable, you can make meals without a need to spend a better part of the day in your kitchen. With a cook center and reheat center, you can prepare six servings of food. Now, how’s that for efficiency.
- Lastly, the microwave is easy to install and comes with easily understandable directions.
- A slight concern is that the exhaust fan is too loud, which sometimes can be quite frustrating. Moreover, it does not come with a filter.
+ Good venting system
+ Easy to use
– Confusing instructions
– Buttons are too dark
- Are you tired of all the noise in your kitchen that comes from various kitchen appliances? Don’t you think it’s finally time to treat yourself (and your kitchen) with a quiet microwave that is also durable and has a good venting system? We think it is, and that’s why we chose this model for you.
- GE JVM3160RFSS microwave is made of high-quality materials, so it will definitely last a long time. You could enjoy perfectly cooked and prepared food for years.
- Not only this microwave is easy to use (due to automatically programmed power levels) but it’s also very quiet.
- Just imagine, your food is cooking in the microwave while you are enjoying that perfect quiet sound of your new microwave.
- Forget about those unpleasant odors that come from cooking, since this microwave has an amazing venting system. With two speed and 300-CFM, it will clean the air fast.
- As far as downsides are concerned, the buttons are too dark, so reading is pretty hard. Moreover, the instructions are a bit confusing.
+ Eye-catching design
+ Simple to install
+ Convenient functions
+ 24 automatic settings
– Too big for some kitchens
– Sensor reheat sometime slightly overheats the food.
– It takes time to memorize all the functions
- If you happen to be one of those people who enjoy making mouth-watering dishes, you definitely need to buy this fantastic microwave. Whether you want to make a delicious cheese dip for your dinner or simply want something to brighten your day, this microwave might be just what you need.
- Thanks to 24 automatic settings, you will be able to make all kinds of dishes. Not only will you appreciate auto-touch controls but you’ll also be thankful for its convenient functions (Keep warm, Minute Plus, Hot water, and Popcorn).
- What we really love about this model is its eye-catching design. White or stainless – whichever one you choose, your kitchen will definitely look stylish and your friends will be green with envy!
- However, the microwave is too big for some kitchens. And since it has all those different settings, it takes time to memorize all the button combinations. The sensor reheat sometime slightly overheats the food.
+ Easy to install
+ Easy to clean
+ Safety lock feature
– Doesn’t have a turntable
- Whether you have kids and want a safe microwave or simply want to buy a high-quality microwave, this beauty might be a good choice. You’ll love everything about this microwave, from its functionality to its fantastic design.
- Thanks to its convenient dimensions and an appealing design, this microwave will definitely save space in your kitchen, while giving it a nice, modern touch. Moreover, it’s easy to install.
- Thanks to a safety lock, you don’t have to stress out each time your kids are around the microwave. This clever safety lock will disable changing settings, so your little ones can’t do any harm.
- There is nothing worse than cleaning a microwave for hours, right? Luckily, this microwave is easy to clean. After making all those meals, it will take you around half an hour to clean it.
- However, since it doesn’t have a turntable, you will have to be a bit patient when it comes to cooking time.
+ Fast and even cooking
+ Easy to use
+ Modern looking
– Clock turns off
– It takes time to access to food profiles
- If there is nothing that you love more than trying out all kinds of recipes, you’ll love this microwave. With this beauty, you can make whatever you want, from Microwave jambalaya to Microwave meatloaf.
- The food is rotated in such a way that you’ll get an evenly cooked meal, plus you won’t have to wait too long for it to cook. Moreover, the controls are easy to use, and you can warm a wide variety of food with just one simple touch.
- Thanks to a combination of silver and black, the microwave looks cool and will surely add a nice touch to the kitchen.
- However, the clock turns off from time to time, and you’ll have to spend a few extra minutes to access to food profiles.
The Final Thought
Well, that’s all from us. Hopefully, you can now easily decide which microwave would best suit your needs. But know that whichever one you choose, you will always be able to make a good meal. Anything from melting cheese on a sandwich to warming up a good homemade stew.
All of the products that we’ve listed are worthwhile, so whichever one you opt for, you will be making a wise investment. However, we still want to single out our best over the range microwave and that is Sharp R-1405 950-Watt Over-the-Range Microwave.
Compared to other products on our list, this one is functional, efficient, easy to use, and might be a good choice for big families. You will be more than happy to have this beautiful and high-quality microwave in your kitchen.
What do you think? Let me know if you have a specific microwave you prefer! I’m always looking for new things and would love to hear your opinion. Just leave your comment bellow 🙂