Your Gate To A Healthy Life: Top 5 Best Wheatgrass Juicers in 2017
Whether you’re obsessed with health, or you’re a fitness enthusiast, chances are you want to add wheatgrass into your daily routine. Instead of spending a great deal of money on wheatgrass powder, or going to a café to have a glass of wheatgrass juice, why not treat yourself with the best wheatgrass juicers?
That way, you’ll save some money, but more importantly, you’ll always have a glass of fresh wheatgrass juice. Now, you must be thinking “That does make sense. But, where to find the best juicers?” Well, guys, in here! This article is all about wheatgrass, from benefits to our top wheatgrass juicer reviews.
Are you ready to find out why you should have a good wheatgrass juicer at your home and how to get the best one?
Benefits of Wheatgrass
In case you aren’t sure why you should buy a wheatgrass juicer, here are some of the benefits of incorporating wheatgrass into your diet.
Since wheatgrass contributes to increasing red blood cells in your body, your immunity will be enhanced. Wheatgrass is especially useful in those times when you are susceptible to flu and cold.
If you’re anything like me, you don’t like winter because you’re constantly feeling tired. That’s where a glass of wheatgrass juice comes in. The chlorophyll in wheatgrass helps with cell’s regeneration, increasing your level of energy.
Antioxidants and amino acids in wheatgrass decrease the effect of free radicals and help with repairing damaged DNA. This could help with abnormal aging and genetic abnormalities.
Good for your brain
Since our brain uses 25% of the body’s oxygen supply, it can be said that wheatgrass is food for our brain. The chlorophyll in wheatgrass increases red blood cells which lead to fueling our body with oxygen.
If you’ve decided to try for a baby, your husband should drink wheatgrass juice. Since wheatgrass contains a compound that has a great influence on DNA and sperm cells, wheatgrass undoubtedly contributes to increased fertility.
All of us deal with stress and anxiety from time to time. Thanks to the vitamins in wheatgrass, you will be better at coping with stressful situations.
What things to consider before buying a wheatgrass juicer?
A good wheatgrass juicer will enable you to make many types of juice, including watermelon ginger lemonade and wheatgrass. These beverages will have a great impact on your energy level, your skin, and your health.
That’s why it’s important to find the best wheatgrass juicer for your needs. So, here are some things to consider before buying this handy kitchen appliance.
Electric or Manual?
First things first. Do you want to buy a manual wheatgrass juicer or an electric juicer?
If you have a smaller kitchen and don’t want to spend a lot of money, a manual juicer might be just what you need. This one is also a good choice for a single person. But, keep in mind that you’ll have to put a lot of effort to turn wheatgrass into juice.
On the other hand, if you don’t want to spend your energy on turning wheatgrass into juice, then you should go with an electric juicer. However, keep in mind that electric wheatgrass juicers are pricier and take up more space.
Even so, an electric wheatgrass juicer might be a better option if you’re making juice for more people at the same time, or if you drink lots of wheatgrass.
Centrifugal or masticating juicer?
When it comes to juicing processes, there are two types to choose from: a centrifugal and masticating juicer.
A centrifugal juicer is designed in such a way that uses high-powered spinning in order to grind the vegetables and create juices. This type of juicer is usually better for carrots and other tougher veggies. Also, this juicer is cheaper, easier to clean and easier to set apart.
Masticating juicers are more expensive, but they put an emphasis on minimal waste and maximum nutrition. Compared to centrifugal juicers, these models grind the food at a slower speed and produce more juice. Best of all, they will preserve the nutritional value of produce.
Why is slower better?
Espresso machines, mixers, or blenders work better at faster speeds. But, that’s not the case with a wheatgrass juicer. In fact, a slower speed is usually better for this type of kitchen appliances.
Slower speeds ensure a higher level of the nutritional value, so your wheatgrass juice will be packed with vitamins and minerals. There will also be a lower rate of oxidation which contributes to the protection of the enzymes.
Versatile or not?
Another thing you should consider when buying a wheatgrass juicer is what you will be juicing. Do you want to juice wheatgrass only? Or perhaps you want to juice fruit and other veggies?
Although a number of wheatgrass juicers are designed to deal with wheatgrass only, most popular wheatgrass juicers are made to handle a range of other veggies and fruits. So, if you want to make a plethora of nutritious beverages for you and your family, you might want to consider investing in a versatile juicer.
The last thing you should pay attention to is the size of a juicer and where you plan on storing it. As I’ve already mentioned, a manual juicer will be a better option for a small kitchen, as it won’t take up a lot of space and is easier to store.
If you don’t have to worry about space, then a larger electric wheatgrass juicer could be just the thing you need. Just keep in mind that a versatile juicer takes up more space than a regular one.
What are 5 best Wheatgrass Juicers?
Based on our wheatgrass juicer reviews, here are best wheatgrass juicers on the market right now. Let’s take a look at what these products have to offer you.
Works at a low speed
Leaves dry pulp
More juice and vitamins
Makes tasty beverages
You have to cut hard produce into smaller chunks
The output cups should be washed meticulously, otherwise, they will stain from carrots and greens
- The J8006 Nutrition Center is capable of juicing fruits, veggies, and wheatgrass.
- Moreover, it is powerful enough to grind coffee and spices, deliver 100% natural peanut butter and extrude pasta. This model comes with a 15-year warranty.
- Since The J8006 Nutrition Center operates at a low speed (at 80 rpm) and features a masticating style juice system, it creates wholesome beverages full of vitamins.
- Moreover, a low speed prevents oxidation. This means that you can store juice for up to 72 hours, and it won’t lose its nutrients and rich taste.
- This juicer is economical because you’ll get the maximum amount of juice and a very dry pulp.
- With all its great features, the J8006 Nutrition Center is a good choice if you have a big family and need a reliable wheatgrass juicer.
Easy to clean
Performs at a lower speed so juices are richer in vitamins, nutrients and taste great
Soft veggies and fruits might get stuck
- Omega NC900HDC Nutrition Center is an electric juicer that performs at 80rpm rotation speed. It has 5 settings for maximum juice output and features a “dual stage” masticating extraction.
- Dual stage juice processing system means that you’ll get more juice from fruits, wheatgrass, veggies, and leafy greens. Also, the taste will be better (compared to a standard juicer).
- Another great feature about this juicer is its speed. As with the previous model, this one also processes the food at only 80 rpm.
- This means that the food will preserve its vitamins and nutrients, thus you’ll get a filling and healthy juice/meal.
Thanks to its features, this juicer is great if you have a baby and want to make him healthy and fresh meals. One more thing that you’ll appreciate about this juicer is that it’s easy to clean, and you can do that in less than five minutes.
Good for making butter, sauces, and for blending frozen fruits
Wonderful texture of juice
Can’t handle soft fruits
Should be hand washed
- The third model also comes from Omega. The J8004 Nutrition Center features a strong single-gear commercial motor, dual stage juicing system, and auto pulp-ejection.
- If you’re looking to buy a high-quality masticating juicer, this is the way to go.
- Like the previous Omega model, this one also uses a dual stage juicing system in order to deliver more juice and better taste.
- But what makes the J8004 Nutrition Center so special is the fact that the heat won’t build up. This means that juice won’t have froth hence it will have a beautiful texture.
- Moreover, the oxidation process will be slower, so you can take your juice on the go.
- This model can process frozen fruits and is a good option for making butter and sauces.
- An auto pulp ejection feature comes in handy because you won’t have to stop the machine to throw away the pulp.
Simple to use
Easy to assemble
The preparation is time-consuming
Not as durable
- Here we have another quality masticating juicer from Omega. This one is a good choice for anyone who is looking to buy a versatile and powerful masticating juicer.
- With its modern design, the J8005 Nutrition Center would be a great addition to your juice bar or your kitchen.
- This juicer is much more than a juicer! It will also function as a food processor, grinder, pasta extruder, and as a homogenizer. This makes it a good choice for a big family.
- Cleaning this juicer is very simple. Just wash screen with warm water and scrub it (gently) with the included brush. If any food got stuck in the corners of the juicer, use a toothbrush to clean it.
- As for the downside, you have to chop veggies and fruits into smaller parts before juicing, which sometimes can be a daunting task. Moreover, the juicer features plastic parts thus it’s not as durable as previous models on the list. Still, it’s a good value for the money.
Not for big households
Only shallow bowls will fit the mount
- Here we have a manual wheatgrass juicer that turns juicing into a fun experience (if you’re strong enough).
- This little guy is lightweight, portable, and sturdy thus is a good choice for a single person. It comes with a 5-year warranty.
- This manual juicer excels in durability. Made of stainless steel, it will last for many years. Furthermore, the HJ Hurricane is completely safe and won’t rust.
- What is also great about this model is its portability. Since it is lightweight, you can take it with you on your business trip, or vacation, and have a fresh wheatgrass juice anytime.
- Best of all, it can be washed in the dishwasher. This makes cleaning a whole lot easier.
And the top pick is…?
Well, it looks like my job here is done. Now that you’ve read about Best Wheatgrass Juicers and learned why you should get one of these, it’s time to spend some money (or should I say invest?). I truly hope that this article turned buying the best juicer for wheatgrass into something interesting and fun.
Know that all of the products on the list are a good value for the money, so whichever one you select, you’ll be satisfied.
In my humble opinion, the Omega J80006 Nutrition Center Juicer is a top notch juicer. It’s versatile, and powerful hence it’s ideal for a daily use. Plus, it comes with a 15-year warranty.
Don’t forget to let me know which wheatgrass juicer you’ve chosen. Also, if you have some good recipes, share with me.
#1. Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer