The Best Wine Aerator In The Market And Why You Need It- 2017
Wine is considered as the indispensable beverage with many families and in kinds of parties. Many people don't forget to purchase the best Wooden wine racks for their expensive bottles of wine but it is not enough. Wine Aerator is also an important item which you should learn carefully to get the most suitable one with your using demands and preference.
** Below, you'll find more detailed reviews, but you can click links above to see current prices and read customer's review on Amazon
Why You Need A Wine Aerator
As we mentioned before, aerating your wine will increase its flavor profile. This happens because when the wine is exposed to the surrounding air. It is oxidized, which-elevates its flavor. While not every kind of wine benefits from aeration, those that do sometimes taste completely different.
Aerating wine or letting it breath can:
- Open up the wine aromas
- Soften the flavor profile
- Improve the overall characteristics of the wine
Here are some more advantages of aerating your wine.
Wine Aerator vs. Traditional Decanter
Now that you know why you need to aerate your wine before you drink it, here is an overview of the best way to aerate it.
- Wine is poured into a decanter and has to be aired for around 30 minutes before it can be consumed
- You have to either measure the exact amount you want to have or risk wasting a lot of wine
- Decanters are large in size and difficult to transport
- They usually cost more
- Aerator is attached to the bottle or held in hand as wine is poured through it ready to be consumed
- You can pour as much wine as you want and let the rest stay inside the bottle
- Aerators usually come in a travel-friendly size and some even have their own travel pouc
- Aerators are available in a number of price ranges
As you can see aerators are a more convenient and affordable alternative to decanters.
Types of Wine Aerators
There are many types of wine aerators in the market and it can be difficult to choose the right one especially if it’s your first time buying one. Here is an overview of all the different types of aerators available out there and their features:
- Wine Aerator Pourer
A wine aerator pourer has a rod with a snout at the top. You can put the rod inside the bottle and tip the bottle to pour the wine from the snout. This aerator is easy to use and store. But the quality of aeration differs from brand to brand and these usually come in one standard size that doesn’t fit all bottles.
- Hand-held Wine Aerator
As the name suggests, you hold these aerators in your hand as you pour the wine through them into your glass. While these aerators are portable, affordable, and convenient, some of them have a slight learning curve and a bulky design.
- Wine Aerator Dispenser
A wine aerator dispenser is an electric device that lets you aerate and pour your wine at the push of a button. These come with rods that you can place in the bottle, the rods are attached to an electric device that has a snout and the pouring button. While these come in sleek designs, are easy to use, and space efficient, they are also really priced.
- Wine Aerator with Stand
These aerators have the same mechanics has hand-held devices but they come with a stand so you don’t have to hold them in your hand. They are reasonably priced and make for a good display, but they also take up a lot of space and are difficult to clean.
- Wine Aerator Pump
These aerate and pour wine at the same time. These are very convenient to use, affordable, and great for storing wine. But they are usually hand-held and can get a little messy.
Top Wine Aerators
Now that we’ve established why you need a good wine aerator, let’s see what the market has to offer. There are many types of wine aerators available in the market suiting every need but we picked these top 5 aerators because they give you the most value for money and are a dream to use.
Vinturi is an established name in the wine aerator industry, in fact, they were the first to introduce a wine aerator of this kind. Though many have tried to copy its design, the Vinturi Essential Wine Aerator has maintained its position at the top by being a high-quality hand-held wine aerator.
This wine aerator truly does what is advertised and has a classic design that is easy to use. It also comes with a handy travel pouch so you can take this wine aerator with you on the go.
- It measures 6 inches tall and 2 inches wide and is made of acrylic
- Comes packed with a no-drip stand which can be used to hold the aerator after you’re done using it
- Vinturi has a patent pending on this design
- Vinturi is a well-renowned brand for producing quality wine aerators and this model stays true to that reputation
- The aerator is sturdy and reliable
- It comes in different shapes and sizes so you have the choice of buying one that suits your fancy
- As with most hand-held wine aerators, this one also tends to make a mess if you don’t know how to use it. You have to pour a specific amount each time to make sure there are no spills so there is a bit of a learning curve with this aerator
The Vinomaster Wine Aerator is another crowd favorite that does what is promised. This wine aerator easily attaches to the mouth of the bottle and can then be used to pour the wine as well as aerate it. One of the more convenient wine aerators is that the Vinomaster also comes in a stylish box that is perfect for gifting.
Vinomaster Wine Aerator may be a new addition to the market but it has gained a lot of popularity as being a stylish and effective wine aerator.
- This aerator comes packed with a heavy metal wine bottle stopper
- It is designed with a double air intake system which ensures maximum oxygen exposure
- The aerator comes with a removable splash guard that makes sure there is no spillage
- This aerator works well with all kinds of wine and is probably the most convenient wine aerator we have used
- The packaging is great for gifting. The magnetic buckle box stores the aerator nicely and it also comes with an instructions sheet
- Vinomaster offers 100% lifetime satisfaction guarantee that adds to the value of this product
- This aerator is dishwasher safe and travel-friendly
- This aerator is made of hard plastic, which isn’t the sturdiest material. This means it is prone to cracking
- The removable splash guard is more of a nuisance than of any real use. Plus it is very easy to misplace
- The heavy metal bottle stopper isn’t perfect for all bottles. It works with some but is either too small or too big for others
- This aerator doesn’t come with a stand, so once you’re done using it you have to either look for a place to put it or take it to the dishwasher
ACE Chiller Rod wine aerator doesn’t just aerate wine but also chills it. This aerator comes with a stainless steel rod that can be stored in the freezer to cool. You can then take the rod out, connect the pouring mouth to it and put the rod inside your wine bottle. The rod chills the wine as it pours out of the mouth.
This multifaceted aerator is truly amazing if you’re a fan of chilled wine. It is also pretty stylish and easy to use.
- The aerator comes packed with many accessories including a stainless steel wine chill stick, a drip free wine aerating pourer, a built-in aerator in the liquor pourer, and a wine stopper
- It can be used with many beverages like alcohol, liquor, wine, and champagne
- This aerator makes for a really nice gift. It looks amazing and comes in compact packaging
- It has a very basic structure with no added frills so it’s easy to use
- The aerator is really sleek, so it doesn’t take up a lot of space and you can pop in the stopper to maintain your wine’s flavor
- It offers great value for the price
- This aerator is sort of a jack of all trades, it aerates your wine, cools and pours it. Unfortunately, it isn’t the master of any of those things.
- The rod is around 6", which makes it too long for smaller bottles and too short for longer bottles. This means that it won’t really chill wine in larger bottles and won’t even fit the small ones
If you’re looking for a premium aerator that will quickly become a topic of discussion at any party, then you should surely give Aervana Electric wine aerator a try. This electric aerator isn’t just an innovative product, but it is one that serves its purpose beautifully.
This wine aerator connects easily to the top of your bottle and lets you aerate and dispense wine at the push of a button. It doesn’t get easier than this.
- The aerator comes packed with two tubes, six AAA batteries, and a user manual
- It can be used with all kinds of wines that benefit from aerating
- The aerator is cleaned by connecting it to a bottle filled with water and running it repeatedly until it starts pouring clear water
- This aerator is easy to use and convenient once you’ve put everything together and read the manual
- The two tubes it comes with make sure you can attach this to bottles of every size
- This aerator is a good conversation piece at parties, as the new design attracts a lot of attention
- As with all electrical devices, this aerator is prone to electrical glitches. In our experience, it sometimes just stops working and you have to either replace the batteries or let the device sit for some time before trying again. It hasn’t stopped working altogether yet, but it’s still not very reliable
- Since this aerator boasts to not pour any wine sediment to your glass, it actually leaves about a glass full at the end of each bottle. If you still try to pour the wine, the device releases the wine in a sputter
- The price point on this aerator is really high
The Zaazol Wine Aerator is another hand-held wine aerator on our list. Hand-held aerators let you control the volume of wine and are better at aerating it. The Zaazol aerator is no different, it is easy to use and gives you perfectly aerated wine in seconds.
The aerator uses FDA approved materials in its multilayered design; the top has an umbrella shaped wine sprayer that slides the wine onto the drizzle plate. This plate has 32 holes that separate the wine into micro-droplets forcing air in and around them. The final funnel acts like an airtight vortex that pushes fully aerated wine into your glass.
- The aerator has an acrylic body and a patented multi-stage design
- Comes packed with a travel pouch and an instructions manual
- This wine aerator promises 3x aeration and it delivers on its promise. We tried it with a bunch of different wines and it delivered great results every time
- It has a large pour-in chamber which means you can pour wine in it easily without any spillage
- This aerator actually pours wine almost instantly considering the three stages the wine has to go through to be perfectly aerated
- It comes with a stand so you can put the aerator on it when you’re not using it
- The aerator has to be disassembled to wash, which means you have a bunch of small parts floating in your dishwasher that is easy to misplace
- It is large in size and allows a lot of wine to go through it at one time. This means that it is difficult to ascertain how much wine you have poured into your glass
Our Top Pick
Well, this is a tough one, especially because the competition is as much of different types of wine aerators as it is between different brands.
Even though it’s by a very small margin, but our top pick is the Zazool Wine Aerator Decanter. We love this aerator because it combines the best of what you want in a good aerator in a convenient little package.
Its unique design makes it one of the best wine aerators in the market and it dispenses wine quickly. It is also very affordable and makes for a great gift. This is a purchase you won’t regret making.