Black Pepper Beef
This is one of those recipes that leave me speechless. I honestly don’t think I have the words to do this recipe justice. I know someone out there will supply the words after making this.
For now, I can happily state that this is my best recipe ever!
- 400g of beef, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Handful of green beans, cleaned
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 3 atarodo (habanero), chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of black pepper pods
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper
- 2 stock cubes
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
Grind the black pepper into a fine powder.
Place beef into a bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of the black pepper, 1 stock cube, white pepper, and corn starch. Mix well, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Place a wok over medium-high heat. Add oil. After 1 minute, add onions, atarodo, ginger, and garlic. Stir once, and add the green beans.
Sauteé for 4 minutes, then make a space in the middle of the wok. Add the beef, and leave to sear for 2 minutes, before stirring.
Add salt, black pepper and stock cube. Stir fry for 5 minutes, then add green pepper. Stir, and add 1 cup of water.
Simmer for 2 minutes, then serve, enjoy, and come back and LEAVE A COMMENT…