I promised you guys I would come up with new ways to enjoy oats- ‘I am fidelity, I keep my word!’.
I still have about 6 ways I’m going to share before the end of the challenge. To my mind, each new one is tastier than the last (I said to MY mind ooo!).
This recipe is ideal for the challenge. It’s also lactation-friendly, kid-friendly, and pregnancy-friendly.
These “muffins” have the perfect amount of sweetness and crunch; it will go down well with a cup of hot chocolate. If that doesn’t get your day off to a good start, I don’t know what will.
You can make these ahead and freeze. You really don’t have any excuse not to eat breakfast. They thaw perfectly without heat.
* I apologise for the crappy pictures. Just trust me, they’re fantastic!
- 1 cup of oats
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of almonds (crushed)
- 1 cup of grated carrots
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1 apple, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup of water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, eggs, honey, and milk. Leave to one side for 10 minutes to allow the oats absorb the liquid.
- Add the water, carrots, almonds, and apple. Mix to combine. Pour into lined muffin/cupcake pans. (I used mini wrappers and got 15 muffins).
- Bake for 25 minutes. Serve.
Enjoy, and remember. It’s sooo good for you!