Creating a Healthy Version of The Coconut Ice
Are you desperately craving for a dessert which will satisfy your taste buds? There are times when you get fed up of the usual recipes and you want something out of the box. When it comes to dessert, the biggest concern is that you do not want to load your body with a lot of calories.
Well, if you are looking for a mouth-watering recipe, then explore Coconut Ice Recipe- McKenzie’s Foods. To make things easy for you, we will introduce you to another version of Coconut Ice recipe which has less calories.
Ingredients for making Coconut ice
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk of 400g.
- 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- Green gel food coloring
- Take a baking tray and line it with parchment paper. If you do not have parchment paper, you can also place a tin foil in the baking tray.
- You need to take a bowl. Add one can of condensed milk into the bowl.
- Add maple syrup in the condensed milk and mix the mixture
- Now, add coconut milk into the condensed milk mixture.
- Next, add another tin of the condensed milk into the mixture and a few drops of the green coloring gel. Mix the mixture well.
- Press down the mixture into the tray so that it forms a thin layer. You need to leave the tray out so that it can dry over the night.
When the coconut ice gets hard to touch, then you should move the coconut ice to a chopping board. Remove the parchment paper from the coconut ice. Leave the ice for a few more hours to dry out.
Make use of cookie cutters to cut out different shapes of the Coconut ice.
Tips for making the best Coconut Ice
We will also talk about some tips which you need to follow to make Coconut Ice. Make sure that you choose the right Condensed Milk for the job. You should not buy the milk with the label Condensed milk with sugar because it is fake.
You should go for sweetened condensed whole milk. You should only use the Condensed milk which is white with a creamy tinge. There are times when the Condensed milk is too thick. There can be two possibilities in this situation.
It means that the Condensed milk got stored at a high temperature or it has too much vegetable fats. You should also check the flavor of the Condensed milk. It should taste like Pasteurized milk and there should be no foreign odors.
What you must keep in mind is that Condensed Milk has sweetness so you will not want your Coconut Ice to be extra sweet. When adding Maple syrup choose, golden color with delicate flavor.
The benefit is that you will get subtle Maple Syrup flavor in the Coconut Ice. Follow these tips if you want to get the best out of the Coconut Ice. The recipe we discussed is easy to make and even beginners can try it with ease.