How to cook Tocino
What is Tocino?
Tocino is a pork dish that can be made in two different ways, either by first curing the meat with saltpeter (salitre) or soy sauce. The former method gives it a reddish color while the latter makes it more brownish. Tocino is usually served for breakfast, but it can also serve as an appetizer for lunch or dinner meals.
Tocino is a popular dish in the Philippines because it’s delicious and easy to make. It can be made by frying, grilling, or boiling pork belly until it becomes tender, sweet, and sticky. You can eat this with rice or on its own as an appetizer.
How to cook Tocino at home?
If you’ve never eaten this before, here are some basic steps to follow when cooking Tocino at home:
1) Slice the meat into cubes. Make sure that every piece is only about two or three centimeters thick.
2) Marinate the pork in tocino marinade for at least one hour, but overnight would be better since it would have more time to absorb all of the flavors properly.
3) Wash off excess marinade and deep-fry in a pot filled with oil. Cook each side for 2-3 minutes so they cook evenly on both sides.
4) Drain excess oil by placing them on paper towels to keep your dish from being too greasy.
5) Serve with rice or eat it as an appetizer while sipping some beer. You can also enjoy this dish with vinegar or soy sauce for more flavor.
Steps to cook tocino using a pressure cooker or crockpot:
1) slice the meat to bite-size
2) marinate in soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and spices
3) place pork chunks in your crockpot/pressure cooker
4) cook for two hours until tender
5) remove excess oil
6) fry until it becomes brown
7) serve hot with steamed white rice. It’s that simple!
The slow cooking method allows the flavors of the marinade to seep into each piece of pork so you enjoy the maximum flavor. This is great if you’re busy because you just have to let your crockpot do all the work while you do something else. However, there are times when you want to devour a plate of hot and crispy fried tocino, but it’s hard because you don’t have enough time for frying. The good news is that you can do the frying step in ten minutes or less if you follow these simple steps:
1) Use a pan and pour enough cooking oil so it submerges each piece of pork about 1/2 inch deep.
2) Turn on the stove until the oil gets very hot (should only take five minutes or less).
3) Fry each side for two or three minutes to make sure both sides are cooked thoroughly.
4) Drain excess oil by placing them on paper towels
5) Serve while still hot and crispy with rice and vinegar/soy sauce dip. Enjoy!
By following these steps, you’ll surely be able to cook delicious tocino at home without the hassle of taking too much time or having trouble finding specific ingredients. Bon appetit!
Tocino is a delicious Filipino breakfast food that has been gaining popularity around the world. This recipe will teach you how to cook your very own Tocino perfectly every time! Here are some tips for making sure yours turns out just right.
Tocino is a Filipino/Spanish dish that many people enjoy. It’s usually made with pork, but it can also be made with chicken or beef. Tocino has been eaten in the Philippines for centuries and was originally introduced by Spanish missionaries who settled on the archipelago. The word “tocino” itself derives from the Spanish verb “tocar”, which means to touch or strike, meaning they touched their meat so it would become tender before cooking!
Tocino is delicious when served over rice, with eggs (it’s known as tapsilog), wrapped in bread, or simply eaten alone. It can even be used as an ingredient in other dishes like adobo!
What separates this dish from other types of meats is the marinade. The amount of spices and sugar used in the meat changes according to personal preference, but most people will use the following ingredients: vinegar, soy sauce or any Asian fish sauce, garlic powder or finely minced garlic, salt, and pepper for that extra kick, onion powder or finely chopped onions.
Tocino can be eaten as a main course with rice or as an appetizer for parties. If you’re someone who loves fried food with perfectly balanced flavors, this recipe will suit your palate. Once you master how to cook tocino, you can experiment by adding different ingredients.
Try this recipe today and enjoy your very own Filipino Tocino!
1 kg. Pork Tenderloin (cut into cubes)
Marinade Ingredients: 1/2 cup vinegar 2 tbsp. soy sauce or fish sauce 2 tbsp. garlic powder or minced fresh garlic 1 tbsp. salt 1 tsp. pepper 2 tbsp. onion powder or chopped onions 3 tbsp. brown sugar Vegetable Oil Cooking
Step One Slice the meat into cubes two or three centimeters thick
Step Two Marinate the pork in marinade for at least one hour, but overnight would be better since it will have more time to absorb all of the flavors properly
Step Three Wash off excess marinade and deep fry in a pot filled with vegetable oil for two to three minutes on each side
Step Four Drain excess oil by placing the meat on paper towels to keep your dish from being too greasy
Step Five Serve with rice or eat it like it is! You can also make Filipino Tocino sandwiches by including ingredients like mustard, ketchup, cheese, and lettuce…whatever you prefer (Note: The Tocino we serve in our restaurant contains eggs. If you want to try this recipe, add an extra step where you cook them sunny side up)
Tocino is a delicious dish that can be made without too much fuss or extra ingredients. It’s perfect for people who want a quick, easy dish to prepare in the morning before going off to work. If you’re a student living on your own for the first time and don’t know how to cook, Tocino will come in handy when you need something simple but good to eat! Cooking Filipino dishes like this one at home is fun and rewarding so try it out today!
Practice this recipe to perfect your style of cooking Filipino Tocino. If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments section below.