How To Make Tarragon Sauce and Why You’ll Love This Herb
Tarragon. Where to start? I personally love making tarragon, but not many people know how to make tarragon sauce, or even know about tarragon. Today, I want to share with you why I love this herb and why you should definitely do too!
First, let me tell you that this recipe is fast, easy, and very delicious. You will start making this sauce for every occasion, and you’ll see the real benefits of adding tarragon to your diet.
Make sure you gather your best cooking ware and let’s get cooking with some tarragon!
Why Choose Tarragon?
Not only will this herb transform your cooking flavors, but will also change your overall health.
Tarragon is high in minerals like magnesium, zinc, iron, and calcium. It is also high in vitamin C, A, and B-6. This is herb is antioxidant and will help fight free radicals in our bodies.
So, what are the health benefits of consuming this nutritious herb? Here are some:
- Sleep: if you have trouble falling asleep or suffer from insomnia, taking tarragon before bed can help you build a healthy sleeping cycle.
- Menstrual pain relief: for women suffering from menstrual pains and severe cramping, this herb can lower pain and inflammation, but it can also regulate menstrual cycles.
- Cardiovascular health: by inhibiting platelet aggregation, tarragon greatly benefits our hearts and arteries. By doing this, this herb reduces the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
- Pain relief: adding tarragon to your diet can help relieve pain, especially in your mouth and teeth. Since it reduces inflammation, it can stop arthritis and joint pain.
What Does Tarragon Taste Like?
Now that you know why you should consume more of this herb, it’s only natural to wonder what tarragon tastes like and how to use it correctly.
While tarragon is usually added to pickled foods and sour dishes, it is also found in sauces, creams, soups, and stews. However, you should know that tarragon is known for its bittersweet flavor, but it depends on where the herb comes from. If your tarragon came from Russia, it would probably be more bitter, if it is from France, it may be sweeter, and if it came from Mexico, it would be a mix of both.
And now is the time for you to know that tarragon is supposed to be used a subtle herb. Only choose to add it if you’re not using any other strong herbs and instead decide to use it when you want mildly seasoned dishes.
Servings:6 /Prep time: 5 minutes /Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 garlic clove, chopped and minced
- 1 tbsp dried tarragon
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the stock, garlic, and dried tarragon to a saucepan. Bring it to a boil, and reduce heat for about 5 minutes.
- Bring it back to a boil until it is reduced by two-thirds.
- Stir in cream and boil until reduced by half. Add fresh tarragon and season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Tarragon Sauce For The Win
Ready to make this fast and yummy sauce? Add tarragon to your life and change your health and the flavor of your food. What do you think? Let me know!