How To Reheat Deep Dish Pizza: Your Guide To A Mouthwatering Treat
Many of you will agree when I say that deep dish pizza is one of the best pizzas ever! It may seem sinful, but it is bursting with distinct flavors that will explode in your mouth. However, there are some instances wherein it may not be as tasty as it should be, especially when it has gone cold.
If you are interested in knowing how to reheat deep dish pizzan>a, this guide is for you. Keep on reading the rest of this post and I will share with you some of the things that you can do. They are simple and quick, making it a breeze to have a hot and yummy pizza!
Reheating Pizza In The Oven
An oven is perhaps one of the most popular kitchen appliances because of its versatility. You can also use it for reheating your own pizza. Here are the simple steps that you should do:
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius or 400 degrees Fahrenheit. It pays to be patient to wait until the oven is completely hot before putting the pizza. If you place it too early, it will be soggy.
- In a baking sheet, place parchment paper on the top and put the pizza. Make sure to put the pizza in slices and not as a whole.
- A baking stone can also be a good choice compared to a baking pan. This is because the stone is known for its excellent ability to distribute heat. This means that there will be no cold spots as the pizza will be heated in a consistent manner.
- You also have the option to add a fresh twist to your reheated deep dish pizza. You can incorporate new ingredients or toppings, such as cheese and basil. This will help to make it more flavorful and adjust its taste based on what tickles your taste buds.
- Place the pan in the oven and wait for at least 15 minutes. Check the pizza. If it is still not as hot as desired, reheat it for another five minutes.
Reheat In A Stove
If you do not have an oven at home, chances are, you have a stove. Whether its source of power is gas or electricity, it can be another promising way to reheat deep dish pizza. This is especially a good choice if you will only heat a single slice of pizza.
To reheat your deep dish pizza in a stove, here are the steps you should follow:
- Place the skillet on the top of the stove and set it to medium heat. Because deep dish pizza is thicker than a normal pizza, make sure that it is hot enough before you put the pizza.
- Once smoke starts coming out from the top, you can now put the pizza in the pan. You might also want to add a drop of oil, but make sure to not overdo it.
- Cover the skillet so that heat will be trapped inside. After at least five minutes, lift the cover and check if the pizza is hot enough. Continue heating if it still seems cold.
Reheating Pizza In A Grill
This is a method that is not as popular as the other two. If you have an electric grill, this should be easy. For a manual charcoal grill, on the other hand, do this only when you are preparing barbeque and all of a sudden, you felt the need to reheat pizza. Otherwise, it will require a lot of effort especially starting a fire from charcoal.
To use the grill in reheating your deep dish pizza, here are the things that you should do:
- Set the grill on medium to high heat.
- Once it is hot, place the pizza on the top and wait until it becomes hot. Six to ten minutes is the average cooking time, although this will depend on how frozen or thick is the pizza.
- Once it is hot enough, lift it out of the grill and enjoy!
In this section, we will share with you some of the best tips that you have to keep in mind. Some of them may seem like trivial and common sense, but sadly, a lot of people are unaware of them.
- Reheating it in the microwave is one thing that you should never do. While this may seem like the most convenient method of reheating, this is not recommended because this will make the pizza soggy. It will end up being limp and losing its crunch.
- It is also important to make sure that your deep dish pizza is properly stored to retain its freshness after heating. Do not just put the box in the fridge. Transfer it to a clean container lined with paper towels and make sure that it has an airtight seal.
- If you plan to store it for more than a day, on the other hand, keep it in the freezer. After two days, you should consume your pizza to enjoy it fresh. If not, the texture will probably change and the flavor also has the tendency to go mild.
- It is recommended that you reheat pizza only once. Doing it several times will probably lead to spoilage. This will also easily make it bland and chewy rather than bursting with flavors.
- Once the pizza is heated, do not wait long before it is enjoyed. Give it some time to cool down, but not too long. After all, can you make a deep dish pizza wait untouched? The very second that it is taken from the oven, pizza pan, or grill, for sure, you can’t wait to have a bite.
- You also have the option to take out some of the ingredients on the top that no longer seem to be flavorful. Do this before the pizza is heated.
- Before reheating pizza, pay attention to the visible signs that it has gone bad. Spoilage will not only ruin its flavors but can also be a risk for your health. It can lead to stomach problems, among others.
- Always give pizza the right amount of time to be reheated. If it is reheated below what is necessary, it will end up soggy and there will be cold spots. If it is heated too long, obviously, it will be burnt and will taste bitter.
Now that you are finished reading, I hope that you have learned a thing or two on how to reheat deep dish pizza. Follow the right way of reheating to make sure that it will be flavorful and the texture will not be soggy!