One Pot Pasta (Well, Almost)
This is one of those times when I give you permission to lick your screen. You can do one better, however, just make this, then you can lick your plate instead.
I saw this idea on Martha Stewart and, being a lazy person who loves fast and easy meals, it’s really no surprise I loved it and wanted to make my version straight away. Actually, I can’t believe I’ve never thought about doing this. It’s just so…ME!
I made several alterations to her recipe, to make it more healthy and balanced. You can use any type of pasta for this, but if you use thinner or tinier pasta, please adjust the water accordingly.
This serves 4
- 320g of Spaghetti
- 300g of minced beef
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 3 large carrots, cut into strips
- 2 medium red onions, sliced
- 4 large tomatoes
- Paste of 5 garlic cloves and 1 inch piece of ginger
- 4 atarodo/habanero, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ground dried oregano
- 2 stock cubes
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of salt, divided
- 1 small bunch of spring onions, green part only, chopped
- Blend tomatoes with 3 tablespoons of water to a chunky consistency.
- Put coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat. After 30 seconds, add minced beef and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Stir, and brown the meat for 3 minutes. Drain and reserve the drained fat.
- In a large pot, put the spaghetti, tomatoes, onions, black pepper, carrots, bell peppers, atarodo, onions, garlic paste, oregano, stock cubes, and remaining salt.
- Add the reserved fat and 4 cups of water. Cover the pot and set over medium-high heat. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the browned beef, stir and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the sesame oil and spring onions. Stir and remove from heat. Serve immediately.
Send me pictures of your tongue-cleaned plates!!!