Pit Boss 820 Pellet Grill Reviews: A Look at Product Features and Benefits
A pellet grill is a must-have at home, especially because it can deliver versatile functionality. Whether you are smoking, barbecuing, or grilling, among others, it can be used in more ways than one. Best of all, it can provide a unique flavor, which will depend on the pellets that you will use.
If you go online and search for Pit Boss 820 pellet grill reviews, you will see that a lot of people are happy with the product. If you are curious about the features of this grill, keep on reading and know more about what you can expect from it.
Essential Considerations In Buying A Pellet Grill
With the abundance of the options that are available, making the right decision will never be an easy feat. To make it easier to evaluate the alternatives or narrow down the possibilities, below are some of the most important factors you should consider:
- Cost: In most cases, some people are so eager to find the cheapest product available and they end up with one that is inferior. With this, look for a grill that is affordable, but at the same time, it must deliver quality and functionality that is exceptional.
- Cooking Area: This will boil down to personal needs and preferences. For most people, 450 to 500 square inches is recommended. If you want one that is portable, a smaller cooking area is a better choice.
- Ease of Use: Using the pellet grill must be an effortless task for you. This means that there should be simple controls. Also, the manufacturer must provide comprehensive instructions that will guide you on how to make the most out of the product.
- Heating Efficiency: The pellet smoker must be made from excellent materials, which should be able to retain the right level of heat throughout smoking. It will also be good if there is a built-in thermometer, making it easier to monitor temperature.
- Cleaning and Maintenance: Choose a pellet grill that will be effortless to clean and maintain. It would be great if there is a box that catches ash so that you can keep the area mess-free.
- Material: When it comes to materials, stainless steel is the best option for a pellet grill. The latter is known for its extreme durability. It can withstand not only heat but also inclement weather, providing you with peace of mind even if you leave it outside.
- Reviews: If you are having a hard time evaluating the choices, it is best to go online and look at the feedbacks of other people. Many are generous enough to share their experiences, which is a good way to see how one product is better than the other.
Pit Boss is a Canadian-based company that specializes in the manufacturing of high-quality grills. Their grills are available in different shapes and sizes, making sure there is one that is suitable regardless of your budget. They also offer different variants of pellets for different flavors that you would like to achieve.
While there are many products that you might want to consider, one of the best is the Pit Boss 820 Grill. This should not be confused with the deluxe version of the grill, which has more advanced features. This grill takes advantage of convection cooking to deliver multiple functionalities, such as searing, baking, smoking, and grilling.
- Has the ability to maintain consistent temperature
- High-quality construction makes it durable
- User-friendly features
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Huge cooking area
- Smoke can be prone to leaking
- Can be too large if you only have a small space
Features And Benefits
Need reasons to be convinced to choose this pellet grill? Below are some of the features and benefits that can compel you to pick it.
Generous Cooking Area
Among others, one of the best things about this pellet grill is that it comes with a huge cooking area, which is 820 square inches to be specific. This will allow you to cook more within a short span of time, but it should be noted that it will also make it large, and hence, not as space-efficient as their smaller counterparts.
The digital control board is one more thing that makes this an impressive product. This is known for its simplicity. There is a dial that you can simply turn to set the temperature that is as low as 170 degrees Fahrenheit and can go up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
It also helps that it comes with an electronic ignition. All that it takes is a quick push of a single button and the unit will start working on its own. Forget about traditional grills that will require you to manually start a fire!
Made to Last Long
There is also no need for you to worry about the durability of the product. This can be because of the use of 16-gauge steel, which is known as being a heavy-duty material. Even through the years, you will be happy to know that it is not easily prone to wear and tear.
Even the hopper that is incorporated in this product is impressive. It has a capacity of 24 pounds, which is way bigger than most of its competitors. This can be more than enough for pellets that can be used for cooking the entire day.
The output when you use this grill and smoker can be pretty much impressive. Aside from temperature consistency, another possible reason is the design of the grease tray. This will direct excess grease to a large bucket, which will make more flavorful meats.
To add, this unit uses fan-forced convection cooking. The latter means that even with rotisserie, you will be able to cook meat in a manner that is more consistent and juicier.
Portable Pellet Grill
Lastly, it is also a good thing that it is designed with smooth-rolling wheels on the left side. The unit may be heavy but moving it from one place to another should not be much of a problem because of the presence of the wheels.
Below is a short video that will provide you with a quick glimpse of this product:
What Others Are Saying
Most of the feedbacks about this product are positive, with many highlighting how it is perfect even for novices. From operating the unit to cleaning, you do not need to exert too much effort. It is also excellent because of its ability to maintain consistent temperatures.
However, there are also some who noted that smoke and heat can possibly leak from the grill. This should not be too much of a problem. All that you need to do is to add a gasket, which you can purchase at a very reasonable price.
Alternatives For Pit Boss 820 Pellet Grill
If this is not exactly the grill that you are looking for, below are three other products that you might also find to be interesting.
One of the bestsellers within the product category, it has the Smart Grill Technology, which is one thing that separates it from the competition. The latter is the one that is responsible for maintaining consistent temperature all throughout.
If you are looking for a product that can deliver durability, this can also be an excellent choice. It comes with powder coat finish, which makes it less prone to wear and tear. The premium choice of materials also gives it an edge above others.
However, it should be noted that there are also some drawbacks. For instance, there are some who had a hard time with its installation, noting that the instructions are quite vague.
This is made by the same company behind the product that we are reviewing in this post. The cooking surface is smaller, which is only 340 square inches. It may be smaller, but this is a good thing if you have a small area at home and you want one that is space-efficient.
The 16-gauge steel construction of the grill is also exceptional, which will contribute to making it long-lasting. It also offers versatility as you will have several choices when it comes to cooking temperature, which can be adjusted from 180 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
Like Pit Boss 820, it also comes with digital temperature control, which contributes to its ease of use. You are always in complete control, allowing you to achieve the desired output. For instance, you can choose from different smoking levels.
If you are looking for a pellet smoker that is user-friendly, this should be on the top of your list. You can turn the unit on by simply pushing one button. The pellets will also be dispensed automatically after cooking. Cleanup is also a snap to accomplish.
The best pellet grill is an excellent product to have at home because of its versatility. Whether you want to roast, smoke, grill, or bake, among others, you can use it in a lot of ways. This is perfect for anyone who loves preparing delicious dishes for family and friends. If you like hosting dinners and barbecue party, it is a must-have.
In several Pit Boss 820 pellet grill reviews, you will see that this product is one that is often commended. It has a cooking area of 820 square inches, which makes it one of the biggest within the product category. The hopper capacity is 24 pounds, which will be more than enough for cooking the entire day. It has a 16-gauge stainless steel construction for durability and digital control display for ease of use.
If you are interested in learning more about the features and benefits of Pit Boss 71820 pellet grill, click here to find out.