Top Tips for Maintaining Your Commercial Can Crusher
Can crushers are frequently used in commercial businesses. By minimizing the size of the garbage, they lower the cost of waste collection. Additionally, this saves space and improves navigation in the office. If your business requires maintenance, don’t worry about it. This item doesn’t require a lot of maintenance. Continue reading to learn more.
Types Of Can Crusher
Manual Can Crusher
Although this kind of aluminum can crusher is relatively uncommon, it only allows users to crush one can at a time. It may be too time-consuming for some commercial applications to pull a lever and manually insert and remove each can. These are more frequently found in homes since youngsters usually enjoy them – especially during BBQ season when you’re thirsty.
Can Crusher For Up To 30 Litre
This is the most sensible option if you have several cans to crush. Even yet, it still destroys one after another and, when properly positioned, is a great asset. These machines may be hydraulic or pneumatic. Up to 95% of the volume is reduced.
Volumes are reduced by up to 85%, and a clean bale is produced, even if it won’t compact the cans as densely as a single can crusher.
Specialized equipment is needed to condense them (up to 210 liters). Safe liquid removal and compaction, together with an 80% volume decrease.
How To Clean A Can Crusher
Even after you drain a can food, liquid remains could still be there. They will also get inside your can crusher if they aren’t entirely removed.
Stay calm! It’s unlikely to hurt the machine significantly if this happens periodically and in modest amounts. However, your machine can need cleaning after crushing many cans at once, such as in a commercial environment. Its continued operation will be ensured by taking action immediately.
Letting liquids sit in your can crusher for a long time is not a good idea. They could make your equipment rust, particularly if the can crusher is exposed to humidity or sudden temperature variations. They may impede the machine’s movement by harming its internal mechanics and hinges. In addition to everything else, they can gather and produce a foul odor.
In the same way, you would clean any other metal instrument; a damp towel may be used to clean a crusher. If the liquids have already dried, you could consider using standard home cleaning supplies to eliminate the stains.
Make sure to inspect the components of your can crusher. Is it composed of plastic or steel? This will assist you in selecting the product that is both effective and damaging-free.
To clean the interior of your business can crusher, we advise using paint thinners. By doing this, the potential damage-causing accumulation of materials in the drainage pipes and chamber will be avoided.
Here are some general pointers for operating and caring for a can crusher.
- Try to place the QCR can press close to where the can or tin has been rendered obsolete. Transferring the metal to your recycling facility later helps cut labour expenses
- When using the can press, place the can or tin in the middle of the device
- Utilize it as best you can. Start the aluminum can crusher, and then do your other duties. Do not just wait for the cycle to complete; the next time you use the QCR, press and remove the crushed can
- When handling crushed cans, always use protective gloves. There will be sharp edges, which can be pretty dangerous
- Before doing any adjustments or maintenance, turn off all power sources and open the front door of the QCR
- Ensure you understand how to grease the RAM and inspect the air compressor if you have an air-operated variant