How to Make Homemade Pancakes?
Welcome to the lazy mornings of weekends! The mornings are already a few hours old and still, you’re in pajamas as you have no hurry for office while enjoying the idle time with a cup of coffee on the bed. But at one time you have to shrug off the laziness and start your days. In the beginning, you want something different than the regular days that make your holidays perfect and without wasting time you love to gobble to finish them at one go. At this kind of mindset, what better you could ask for than pancakes.
What is Pancake?
Pancake is generally a round shaped flat type cake which can be thin or thick both as per different ingredients or different flavor. This delicious dish is prepared by a batter of egg, milk, and butter. You need to take a griddle or a skillet placed on an oven to prepare this one of the most favorite dishes which has to be cooked on the both sides of it. This is not an end, you have to add filling or topping to make the whole affair tasty, very tasty.
Where Pancakes are Found?
Pancakes are often bought from the restaurants or eateries. But it is not difficult to prepare this “fast to cook, good to eat” kind of food at your home. The homemade pancakes are tastier as you can add your own recipe other than conventional ways. Besides, as you’re careful enough on using the recipes while preparing the homemade pancakes would be hygienic and healthier than what you’ve bought from a restaurant.
How to Prepare Pancakes?
Though pancakes can be prepared with different tastes and flavors, so they are made in different ways. Among them, it is very important to find out the best for you. Here I am going to discuss one such recipe of pancake which is to the best of my knowledge is better than any other recipe. It needs a few simple ingredients and takes just a few minutes for preparing it. Let’s go through it-
- Flour- 2 cups
- Baking Powder-2 ½ teaspoons
- Granulated sugar-3 tablespoons
- Salt- ½ teaspoon
- Large egg- 2 Nos.
- Milk-1 ½ -2 cups
- Melted butter- 2 tablespoons
- Edible oil-1 teaspoon.
- Take a large size bowl and pour flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt into the bowl and stir properly to blend all the mixture thoroughly.
- Take another bowl and mix egg and milk properly.
- Now pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and mix both of them until a good blend of the mixture is made.
- Add the melted butter into it and in this way, the required batter for the pancake is made. If you find the batter is a little thick, then you can add some milk into it.
- Place a clean and dry griddle or flat frying pan on the oven and allow it to become hot.
- Once it is hot, brush the surface with some edible oil to make the surface of the pan greased-enough.
- Take ¼ cup of the batter for each pancake and drop onto the griddle.
- Cook the batter until you find the edges are looked dry, and the bubbles on the surface of the batter look breaking.
- Turn the piece upside down to allow the other side to brown.
- Once both sides get brown it means the cooking of the pancake piece is finished.
- If you want to make a number of pancakes at one go, then only you need to repeat the whole frying process again.
Some Vital Things
To prepare tasty and delicious pancakes in your home, a few things that should be kept in mind to make your preparation best in quality. They are-
Preheat the Griddle or Skillet
Before starting the cooking, you need to make the pan heat up (325°F) while you’re making the batter. This will help your pan ready to cook several pancakes one after another. This preheated pan can provide you the pancakes of your desired quality. All you need to own a griddle of a best brand that can do the best work for this purpose.
Spray Non-stick Oil
Pancakes tend to get stick with the pan only to spoil your preparation. To prevent this, you have to spray a kind of non-stick oil like Pam on your pan for several times that may keep your pancakes from sticking.
Keep the Batter for Sometimes
You have to keep the batter for a few minutes to active the baking powder so that you may get the best result out of it. You should prepare the batter before night and keep it into a refrigerator until you start working on it the next morning. This makes the batter thicker that it is always better to make the pancakes dense and well cooked.
Pouring the Batter
As I said before that you need ¼ cup of the batter for a single piece of pancake, so you have to keep a measuring scoop in your kitchen. While cooking at first you have to pour the batter at the center of the pan, and then make a circular motion so that the shape of the pancakes will be a better round.
How to Make Fluffy Pancakes?
To make your homemade pancakes fluffy you have to keep few things in mind. Firstly, always try to use fresh ingredients, especially the baking powder. Secondly, brush your pan with edible oil before pouring the batter. Finally, keep your eyes open on bubbles to pop up. Only then you may flip your pancake.
What to Use for Toppings?
Toppling is a thing that may add an extra flavor to your pancake. Usually, few types of syrup are used as the toppling of pancakes. Some use maple syrup, some use strawberry butter, and some especially, the younger prefer chocolate chips on the top of the pancake.
For Different Flavors
Apart from the usual flavor, some recipes that may make pancakes with different flavour. For instance, if you want to jazz up with the taste, you may add few teaspoons of orange zest into the batter. And if you make your pancakes little spicy, then add ½ teaspoon of cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg, and ½ teaspoon of vanilla.
The way I have discussed so far is one of the easiest and tastiest processes to prepare pancakes at your home. If you want to give a new flavor in your pancakes, then you may go for an experiment with the recipes not only once but several times. The Choice is your’s.