How to Clean Cuisinart Coffee Maker: Tips for Care and Maintenance
While there are many brands of coffee makers around the world, there is no denying that Cuisinart is one of the most popular. It is safe to say that all their products are generally superior in terms of quality and performance. Nonetheless, their durability and long-term functionality will still depend on how you take care of your coffee maker.
By knowing the right things to do, whatever your coffee maker from Coffee Grinder to Cappuccino Maker will be able to withstand the test of time. To make them last longer, you need to learn the right way on cleaning them but in this post, I just show you on how to clean Cuisinart coffee maker. The good news is that it does not require too much time and effort. Even the materials needed are very basic.
What You Will Need To Follow This Tutorial
Here are the materials that you will need to follow the steps that we will discuss in the next section of this post:
- Coffee maker
- Clean cloth
- White distilled vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Ice cubes
Step-by-Step Guide On How To Clean Cuisinart Coffee Maker
Here are some of the useful steps that will help you to maintain your coffee maker in its peak condition even after several years of use.
Cleaning the Other Parts of the Coffee Maker
Before we talk about how you can clean the machine itself, make sure that the parts and accessories are not overlooked. If they are dirty, this will inevitably affect the overall quality of the coffee. With this, here are the things that you have to do:
- Turn off the machine and unplug.
- Remove the parts of the coffee maker, specifically lid, carafe, and filter basket.
- Wash them in warm water with mild soap. Rinse. Do not use a harsh detergent soap as this can leave a lingering odor and will affect the flavor of coffee.
- Dry the parts with a damp cloth before assembling.
Use the Self-Cleaning Function
One of the best features of the Cuisinart coffee makers is that they can clean themselves. This reduces the need to exert effort and time on your end. Nonetheless, while this can clean the machine, keep in mind that the cleaning process is not thorough. This will be good for regular cleaning, but every once in a while, you also have to perform a deep cleaning.
- The first thing that you have to do is to remove the holder of the water filter. Replace the filter with a new one. Set it aside and start with cleaning the coffee maker.
- Fill the carafe with two parts of water and one part of distilled white vinegar.
- Pour the mixture into the reservoir of the coffee maker. Add a filter to the filter basket, which will basically show you the dirt removed from the coffee maker.
- Press the self-clean button from the machine. The location of the button will depend on the specific model of the coffee maker that you are using.
- There will be an indicator light that will notify you if it is self-cleaning. There will be an audible sound when it is done.
- After the cleaning, turn on the machine and brew at least two times. During this time, however, brew only water and not coffee.
- Throw the water and install the new filters. You are now ready to use your coffee maker.
Here is a short video that will make the instructions above clearer and easier to follow.
Cleaning the Carafe
This is another important part of your Cuisinart coffee maker. Keeping it clean is important to be sure that it will not negatively impact flavor and aroma of your coffee. Here are the simple steps to clean your coffee maker’s carafe:
- Rinse the carafe in running water and fill it with water.
- Squeeze some liquid dish soap in the carafe, but make sure that it is not too strong. See to it as well that there are no harsh chemicals.
- Soak the solution for a few minutes.
- Wipe the exterior of the carafe. A microfiber towel is the best choice, making sure that you will not scratch the glass.
- Use a soft cloth to wipe the interior of the carafe. Throw out the water and let it dry. Rinse it several times to be sure that there will be no residue of detergent.
If there is stubborn stain, on the other hand, here is a good solution that will work:
- Squeeze lemon juice in the carafe. Add ice cubes and Kosher salt.
- Cover the carafe and swirl. Do this repeatedly. It will act as a natural abrasive and will soften the stain on the interior.
- Rinse and air-dry the carafe.
Aside from the tips that have been mentioned above, below are other tips that you might find to be useful as well:
- Do not let coffee sit in the carafe for a long time as this can encourage staining.
- Be sure to clean the carafe right after every use. Regular cleaning should frequently be done, while deep cleaning can be done once in a few weeks or months, depending on the extent of usage of the coffee maker.
- Keep the coffee maker in a safe storage area when it is not used. It should be free from dust and dirt. As much as possible, cover it with a plastic. Clean before using if it has not been used for a long time.
- When cleaning a glass carafe, do not place hot water and immediately following it with cold water. This sudden shift in temperature will cause the glass to shatter.
- When you are descaling the machine using the self-clean feature, be sure to use filtered water only. If you use hard or tap water, chances are, there will be traces of minerals that will only go back to the machine.
- When brewing coffee, use only filtered water. This is a great preventive measure, lessening the likelihood that there will be mineral deposits. This will also lessen the need for deep cleaning.
It is important that you learn how to clean Cuisinart coffee maker. This will provide you with the guarantee that even after several years, it will function like it is new, allowing you to make good-tasting coffee all the time. Fortunately, they have self-cleaning feature and maintaining their optimal functionality does not need to be too much of a burden on your part.
Did you enjoy reading this guide? Do you have other tips in cleaning a coffee maker? Do not hesitate to share your opinions in the comment section.